Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically crap then.
Good if used correctly at the level he's at, worry would be if he can step up to a higher level and why bring a player in who needs to be in a very specific setup - when they aren't exactly that good.

As I said I'm happier by far we got Maupay really

Thing about Diaz is he's not a guy who can replace Dominic Calvert-Lewin, he's a mix of a secondary striker / wide forward, but a pretty slow one - I like him, love his weird fairytale story, but think Maupay and this guy where options for that role and we got Maupay who is for sure the safer bet.

Watching him a little bit and reading up the Rovers forums, he basically can't play up top on his own, is poor in the air (especially as he's decent size) and struggles with his back to goal and hold up play
Tremendous

Thing about Diaz is he's not a guy who can replace Dominic Calvert-Lewin, he's a mix of a secondary striker / wide forward, but a pretty slow one - I like him, love his weird fairytale story, but think Maupay and this guy where options for that role and we got Maupay who is for sure the safer bet.

Watching him a little bit and reading up the Rovers forums, he basically can't play up top on his own, is poor in the air (especially as he's decent size) and struggles with his back to goal and hold up play

Wow a younger, but not improved Rondon. Perfect!

So basically crap then.
Tremendous
Wow a younger, but not improved Rondon. Perfect!

Imagine somebody signing ANY player from Everton and then coming to GOT to see what the fans say about him. lol

So basically he is [redacted] [redacted]

So basically he is [redacted] [redacted]

Nah they like him at Rovers, but realize he's not a lead the line cf he's a secondary striker better coming onto play with a bit more space, good at carrying the ball, good shot decent at finding space and good cutting in from wider.

I guess think Naismith for us, couldn't play up front on his todd solid as a second striker playing off a cf

Nah they like him at Rovers, but realize he's not a lead the line cf he's a secondary striker better coming onto play with a bit more space, good at carrying the ball, good shot decent at finding space and good cutting in from wider.

I guess think Naismith for us, couldn't play up front on his todd solid as a second striker playing off a cf
I like him. Not sure he can make the jump to the PL but at the prices quoted it shouldn't be a risky signing and provided his wages aren't crazy you could sell him to an ambitous championship club if it doesn't work out.

The only thing is whenever I've seen him he looks like he's carrying a bit of timber and doesn't look athletic.

Thanks for the evaluation. Never seen him play other than highlights.

Kind of strange that the club says they wanna recruit someone who is good in the air but turn to Ben Brereton Diaz who isn't that good in the air (nothing new I supposed). It would've been a panic buy if we hadn't gotten a striker up now. Now that we got Maupay, we should go for other options if another Striker is wanted.

Yes, I think Maupay is a safer bet although he isn't the most impressive signing.

Hearing the bookies have slashed the odds on this one over the last few hours, really hope there is something in it, out of all the deals we have done so far this is the one if we pull it off the sounds the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back