Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not convinced this fella is the answer. As a backup/competition to Calvert-Lewin - sound.

But we can't rely on Maupay up front on his tod, and I'm not expecting Calvert-Lewin to start more than 15 games this season and I'm thinking it's a lot to ask Ben Brereton to fill in.
Like I said earlier never seen him kick a ball but if he has good movement and is alert in the box then being a yard quicker in the head is better than being quicker running.

Maupy is "proven", what hes proven is up to debate, a cheap player like Diaz, whilst a gamble, wouldnt be the worst idea.

Diaz means we can offload Rondon.

I get it, we cant rely on Dom, but at the same time we also cant "replace" him while hes still a thing.

The last point there, I think we need to almost 'give up' on Calvert-Lewin, or anticipate he wont be available for most of the season because relying on his fitness to keep us competitive enough to stay in the league is a bad idea. As is relying on Brereton (or even Maupay) to be able to replace him.

The last point there, I think we need to almost 'give up' on Calvert-Lewin, or anticipate he wont be available for most of the season because relying on his fitness to keep us competitive enough to stay in the league is a bad idea. As is relying on Brereton (or even Maupay) to be able to replace him.

Yeah agree with this. I think we should be looking for a top Striker, better than DCL - not to play second fiddle.

Maupy is "proven", what hes proven is up to debate, a cheap player like Diaz, whilst a gamble, wouldnt be the worst idea.

Diaz means we can offload Rondon.

I get it, we cant rely on Dom, but at the same time we also cant "replace" him while hes still a thing.
If Dom wasn’t our player at this point we couldn’t afford to buy him or meet his wage demands and he probably wouldn’t come to us anyway.
Any striker we buy is going to be less proven than Calvert- Lewin and more of a gamble.
Of those we have been linked with Diaz is the most promising for me.

We have no other real option tho.

We arent buying a proper Striker while we have Dom in and around the squad and at the same time, yes, we need to have a real plan for him not being available.

Its a rock and a hard place, what do you suggest?

Im not real fan of Maupy, willing to judge the fella for us, but hes never really impressed me and I have no idea whether the Stoke lad is any good at all, which leaves us getting a Moise Kean or a Rondon, players of that ilk.

We have no other real option tho.

We arent buying a proper Striker while we have Dom in and around the squad and at the same time, yes, we need to have a real plan for him not being available.

Its a rock and a hard place, what do you suggest?

Im not real fan of Maupy, willing to judge the fella for us, but hes never really impressed me and I have no idea whether the Stoke lad is any good at all, which leaves us getting a Moise Kean or a Rondon, players of that ilk.

That's a mistake.

Players get injured, players lose form, players have challenges with mental health.

I still think this from early July

One injury to Calvert-Lewin and it's curtains.

&

Everton survives relegation by the skin of it's teeth.

Everton then sells their best player - the player who provided most goals and assists.

Everton is then about to sell it's most promising player with a few days of the window left.

Everton is seemingly scrambling around looking at Che Adams and Ben Brereton.

I rate Che Adams to be fair, but if we get relegated this season - there will be plenty of "What did Everton expect?"

I shared my view on here in June about whether the club have the right credentials/experience to manage the transfer market in that it seemed to me Thelwell and Lampard weren't ultimately responsible for transfers at their clubs before us.

I don't think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon and Calvert-Lewin for maybe 10-15 games is competitive enough to avoid another relegation fight.

I think the next days of the window will determine whether we're fighting relegation to the wire, or comfortably mid table. The margins are small between them, but we need goals and this team doesn't have creativity, or goals.

Lets just hope Thelwell and Lampard, who are reportedly relying on Kenwright to help, have some magic in them this next week.

I like Maupay, but he doesn't change the picture.

I'm hoping we bring in someone else who can provide some competition/cover for Calvert-Lewin but I'm just not convinced it's Brereton.

I'm not looking at Diaz as a replacement for Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

For me its the same as I'm looking at Maupay. We are adding more players to the team that will hopefully add 7-8 goals each per season. On top of whatever goals Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets us.

Something we have massively missed for years now.

Our goal tally throughout the team really needs to improve.
This is crazy bringing all these strikers to m when there is no creativity to give them service.

We could have Ronald’s upfront, if he’s got Gray and Gordon either side of him with Myko and Paterson on the flanks, he’s not scoring many goals.

Need a massive upgrade on Gray. The really scary thing is if Gordon get injured, we’re looking at picking two from Townsend on crutches, Gray, Iwobi or McNeil. Terrifying.

Bringing in a load of centre forwards with no service has all the hallmarks of losing Lukaku and bringing in 3 extremely slow, one paced, number tens to replace him.

That's a mistake.

Players get injured, players lose form, players have challenges with mental health.

I still think this from early July

&

I like Maupay, but he doesn't change the picture.

I'm hoping we bring in someone else who can provide some competition/cover for Calvert-Lewin but I'm just not convinced it's Brereton.
Im not convinced in Diaz, for 1 ive never watched him play.

I think we are gonna give Dom this Season to prove himself, then take it from there, but having 2 maybes in the squad is a decent plan for now.

Not replacing Dom might bite us on the arse, I guess we find out.

Well, unless we sell Gordon we aren't getting an "elite" striker and even if we do sell him such a stellar signing is unlikely this late in the window.

Im not convinced in Diaz, for 1 ive never watched him play.

I think we are gonna give Dom this Season to prove himself, then take it from there, but having 2 maybes in the squad is a decent plan for now.

Not replacing Dom might bite us on the arse, I guess we find out.

Well, unless we sell Gordon we aren't getting an "elite" striker and even if we do sell him such a stellar signing is unlikely this late in the window.

Doesn't have to be "elite" mate, just someone to keep us competitive enough to stay in the league.

It's why they wanted/want Broja.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back