Best pub around Goodison

Black horse for me

One of the things I'm not looking forward to about the move is the whole "matchday experience" and fanzone malarkey, feels a bit forced and that they're wanting to milk us. The rumoured £2 a pint in the fanzone will soften the blow a bit though.

I've never been a pre-match boozer but used to go the Top House with a mate whilst he had a few beers and I had a couple of glasses of coke.

Not been in there for over 10 years now. Don't know if it even still exists.

Last edited:

Black horse for me

One of the things I'm not looking forward to about the move is the whole "matchday experience" and fanzone malarkey, feels a bit forced and that they're wanting to milk us. The rumoured £2 a pint in the fanzone will soften the blow a bit though.
Yeah that’s been a concern . There have been a few bought by people who own ones by the ground so I’m hoping we transfer a bit of atmosphere.

Like a few others our plan is probably to have a few in town /dale st and walk down to BMD stopping on the way .

Black horse for me

Two quid a pint? Wheres this from!??

….i go back to the 60s/70s when Everton Supporters Club was on City Rd. My Mum was the ‘The Committee’ along with Gertie Dunlop (Albert Dunlop’s Mum). From a young age I was a regular, going before and after the match with my Dad and uncles. I had a season ticket on front row of Upper Gwladys (A80).

I was too young to drink, of course, and my own footy was getting a bit of attention but it will always be my favourite Goodison watering hole.

I recall Joe Royle’s Dad was in the three piece band that regularly played on stage (I think he was the drummer). It was there the night we won the league in 1970 that Alan Ball snr let me touch his son’s Championship winners medal.

Great memories of that place, I have a picture somewhere of my family in the club the night we won 4-0 at Anfield in 1964 (I think).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back