Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s it distasteful? People are happy enough to just declare “he’s unwell” as if they’re actually privy to his medical history in the first place. What’s the problem with just asking what the issue is? And why it only crops up when fan unrest does, as if by magic?
There's always unrest where Kenwright is concerned.

You've got your own views on questioning other people's health and that's up to you. I'm not telling you to stop, I'm telling you I'm not interested in debating it.

O so your saying you were? Nobody has ever believed he rejected an on the table offer, even Bill's biggest enemies, when people start making stuff up it really devalues arguments against him.
I'll repeat.

Several months after they bought Manchester City I had one of many meetings with another member of his family. (Half Brother, Infact) and several of the families advisors. The why doesn't really matter but it was through my work. During the small talk I just asked "What was the attraction, why Manchester City?"

"we spoke to Everton first, but received no encouragement to proceed"

That's a direct quote from someone not family, but definitely a trusted member of the inner circle. Now, as I said above, looking at the time lines it's pretty clear a sale would have been impossible.

The worst of it was, 3 or 4 years later Bill was interviewed on Sky saying that "If we had a new ground we'd be attractive to people like the City owners." Completely ignoring the fact that he had messed up two ground moves. (one disappointing, one a relief) Besides which, stadium and infrastructure costs are petty cash.

I'll repeat.

Several months after they bought Manchester City I had one of many meetings with another member of his family. (Half Brother, Infact) and several of the families advisors. The why doesn't really matter but it was through my work. During the small talk I just asked "What was the attraction, why Manchester City?"

"we spoke to Everton first, but received no encouragement to proceed"

That's a direct quote from someone not family, but definitely a trusted member of the inner circle. Now, as I said above, looking at the time lines it's pretty clear a sale would have been impossible.

The worst of it was, 3 or 4 years later Bill was interviewed on Sky saying that "If we had a new ground we'd be attractive to people like the City owners." Completely ignoring the fact that he had messed up two ground moves. (one disappointing, one a relief) Besides which, stadium and infrastructure costs are petty cash. 120 million barrels day is the reason.
There you go, we spoke to Everton is a lot different to we offered to buy Everton, they didn't.

You are very boring and honestly a poor WUM, please work on your craft.
But it's true, this time he did find someone to pay for it, it's actually on, don't forget if Everton hadn't of maintained top flight stability this wouldn't of happened

The outright lies that have been carefully cultivated over the years about this fraud that have morphed into myths and legends that are still widely believed by some is an utter embarrassment.

He never bought the club for £1.

He never saved us from liquidation either. in reality he practically drove us to the verge of it by selling every asset we had that wasn't nailed down.

He denied us the chance of moving to kings dock even when his fellow board members offered to pay the deposit for it.

He banned AGMs because he'd been rumbled by the shareholders for telling multiple lies including the SamuelsonFSF fiasco.

He tried to take us to a hideous lit up batcave in Kirkby to pay off his backers in a deal that would've been a total disaster for the club

Far from remortgaging his house for the club (an outright lie) he has actually made himself richer than he ever could've dreamed of being all off the back of the club.

Things weren't good for us under his stewardship prior to the arrival of Moshiri. It is a fact that its Kenwright who has presided over the longest barren spell in the club's entire history and it is a fact while he's been on the board, we've gone from top table to also rans and now possibly to the championship.

Its not like we where even debt free prior to Moshiri. In fact it was Moshiri who paid off the massive debts we had accrued prior to his arrival. Debts accrued by Kenwright and his creatures despite us having the lowest net spend and having spent the least on the stadium throughout this time.

How much more do people need to wake up to the reality of the situation?! Kenwright has never had the clubs best interests at heart. Its always been about him and always will be until he's gone. Any Evertonian still sincerely defending him at this point is either being willfully ignorant of the facts or just likes to see things burn.

No not really, not when you compare it to what went before as far as relegation worries and what as come after
His inability or unwillingness to get investment during the earlier part of his ownership has been a huge factor in our slide. Other clubs managed it while he squatted at the helm. Moyes shielded him from his failings, but they were failings never the less. Where’s the Arteta money Bill?
What has come after? He’s still the Chairman. He’s still there. He is still part of it.

His inability or unwillingness to get investment during the earlier part of his ownership has been a huge factor in our slide. Other clubs managed it while he squatted at the helm. Moyes shielded him from his failings, but they were failings never the less. Where’s the Arteta money Bill?
What has come after? He’s still the Chairman. He’s still there. He is still part of it.
"24/7 search for investment"

Not

"Everton is for sale, come and make an offer"

Bill comes first. Always.

Which clubs managed it? And dont say any of the top 4.
Hows this for a list of clubs, Manchester City, Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa, Ipswich, Derby, Leicester, West Brom, Sunderland, Leeds, Wolves, Norwich, Southampton, Palace, Birmingham City, Watford, Charlton, Sheffield United, Middlesbourgh, Blackburn ..... all clubs relegated while Kenwright owned Everton

Hows this for a list of clubs, Manchester City, Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa, Ipswich, Derby, Leicester, West Brom, Sunderland, Leeds, Wolves, Norwich, Southampton, Palace, Birmingham City, Watford, Charlton, Sheffield United, Middlesbourgh, Blackburn ..... all clubs relegated while Kenwright owned Everton

I don' think we're in any position to crow, given how closely we've flirted with disaster on a number of occasions. And it seemed to work out OK in the end, ethics aside, for City.

Alternatively, clubs who've actually won a domestic trophy since Bill took the reins: Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham, Chelsea, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Middlesboro, Portsmouth, Swansea City, Tottenham Hotspur and Wigan Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back