Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
We perhaps should bear in mind that any non-attendance by him might be health related.
DBB has no such excuse to the best of my knowledge.

then wouldn't it be better if he took our advice and retired ? After all he's what 77 ? The stress of running a massive club into the ground will not be doing him any good will it, so for his own good it would be better if he retired .

Who's putting Graeme Sharpe on the board? There was a thing back in 2017 when we signed 4 number 10s and the scuttle was that the manager, DoF, chairman and owner were all running around making their own deals with our windfall wealth. Who else would bring back Wayne Rooney? The amount of ex-players who ended up off the rails then back in the club despite no experience or qualifications... The list goes on.

The FC cosy thing is his creation. In 20 odd years he's fostered a culture where we were merely expected to stay in the league. I remember the Observer sport monthly had a long piece 'inside Everton' back in 2003 where Kenwright (with a copy of the Echo from the 94 last day debacle hanging over his desk) told the reporter all the club's financial planning was based on finishing 17th every year.

I've found both pieces of that Observer feature... It was actually focused on Moyes, but see what you think

No, I'd guess he's saying unwel people approaching 80 years old should give up their role as chairman on 900k a year.

Especially when they are running a Theatre company at the same time, I mean if he left asap, he could spend more time at his main business and not his trainse, I mean hobby Everton.

Last edited:
I've found both pieces of that Observer feature... It was actually focused on Moyes, but see what you think

This actually isn't the piece I thought it was. It's a nice time capusle, though. Had forgotten the existence of Rodrigo.

O so your saying you were? Nobody has ever believed he rejected an on the table offer, even Bill's biggest enemies, when people start making stuff up it really devalues arguments against him.

so you're just making that up about there being no offer on the table then ? If you're arguing Bills case please don't state things as facts if you were not present at the time.

so you're just making that up about there being no offer on the table then ? If you're arguing Bills case please don't state things as facts if you were not present at the time.
Absolutely nobody has ever believed Bill rejected an offer, even people who hate him, there are sticks you can beat Bill with, no need to make more up, doing that just makes you look stupid.

He can do that anyway, Bramley Moore will always be his legacy, he paved the way for it and is the driving force behind it

What ??? You have just proved yet again why you are just a massive wum, Kenwright has not put a penny into Everton, this ground move has nothing to do with him, but we all know you will give him full credit. But no credit for the absolute train crash of a club we have become. When you're faced with a few facts of home truths about you're hero you go to pieces and come out with the absolute crap you put in that post. Wow, just wow. Ask again are you related to Bill ?

What ??? You have just proved yet again why you are just a massive wum, Kenwright has not put a penny into Everton, this ground move has nothing to do with him, but we all know you will give him full credit. But no credit for the absolute train crash of a club we have become. When you're faced with a few facts of home truths about you're hero you go to pieces and come out with the absolute crap you put in that post. Wow, just wow. Ask again are you related to Bill ?
How can you say the ground move has nothing to do with him, he literally got the man paying for it into the club.

So no answer Carlin ? Are you related to Bill? Have you been in one of his plays that he wrote ? Has he saved you're life ? Do you owe him a sizeable debt ? Has he got pictures of you or you're wife in a compromising positions ? lol Are you Uncle Cyril ? Do you believe in the tooth fairy, Father Christmas or the Loch Ness Monster ? It's just a small survey between friends mate take about 5 minutes to fill in. We as a forum need to know what drives you're" posting history". Thanks in advance. :cheers:

He's lied one to many times and has backed himself into a bit of a corner regarding his health I'm afraid because I don't buy this latest fantasy at all. The boy who cried wolf comes to mind. As far as I'm concerned this is just one more desperate lie, he's playing the sympathy card because that's all he's got left at this point.

But lets just play along with him for a second. Even if he is telling the truth, I'm sorry but it changes nothing. I'm honestly all out-of sympathy for him. His health is falling him? Ok, sorry to hear that, I wish you all the best in getting better. Now please do the right thing and step aside for somebody else that's physically to up to the task of being chairman.

He's lied one to many times and has backed himself into a bit of a corner regarding his health I'm afraid because I don't buy this latest fantasy at all. The boy who cried wolf comes to mind. As far as I'm concerned this is just one more desperate lie, he's playing the sympathy card because that's all he's got left at this point.

But lets just play along with him for a second. Even if he is telling the truth, I'm sorry but it changes nothing. I'm honestly all out-of sympathy for him. His health is falling him? Ok, sorry to hear that, I wish you all the best in getting better. Now please do the right thing and step aside for somebody else that's physically to up to the task of being chairman.

What is it though?

Why is he supposedly unwell?

Absolutely correct - even if he is genuinely unwell, which he may be but we would be fools not to doubt it, then surely that’s even more reason to step down, take it a little easier and recover well.

Why would you put yourself through all this undue stress, if your health was bad and getting worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.