Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Kenwright to go of course but I hate to see anyone hounded out. I suppose it is his fault he out stayed his welcome though.

Perhaps Denise will be the fall guy this time with a new CEO installed and Kenwright staying on as an honorary chairman with no direct involvement in the running of the club until the first game at the new stadium at least. Don't see him going before then.

Would that satisfy the Evertonians for change groups? I dunno.
No

Which clubs managed it? And dont say any of the top 4.
Hows this for a list of clubs, Manchester City, Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa, Ipswich, Derby, Leicester, West Brom, Sunderland, Leeds, Wolves, Norwich, Southampton, Palace, Birmingham City, Watford, Charlton, Sheffield United, Middlesbourgh, Blackburn ..... all clubs relegated while Kenwright owned Everton
Up until the mid nineties we won trophies in every decade. Since Kenwright took over we have won nothing? You want us to thank him?
Up until City being taken over, we were a bigger club than every team you have listed (except maybe Villa). Now, take your pick. That’s his legacy.

We’re going to be also rans for ever.

I hate that situation.

I want Kenwright to go of course but I hate to see anyone hounded out. I suppose it is his fault he out stayed his welcome though.

Perhaps Denise will be the fall guy this time with a new CEO installed and Kenwright staying on as an honorary chairman with no direct involvement in the running of the club until the first game at the new stadium at least. Don't see him going before then.

No way, does anyone else have a chairman that doesn’t do anything? He doesn’t deserve to have any part of the new stadium either, he’s an odious leech.

will-smith-get-out.gif

Absolutely nobody has ever believed Bill rejected an offer, even people who hate him, there are sticks you can beat Bill with, no need to make more up, doing that just makes you look stupid.
I've said on here before that I personally know of an offer to buy the club by a wealthy individual back in the 2000s, which Bill did reject.

I just find it mad that he’s still got supporters.

Everything has been sold, and approved by Blue Bill.

Every pint, Pie in the ground, doesn’t go to Everton.
We sold an “exclusive” deal with Kitbag/Fanatixs so our stuff can’t be sold outside of their stores (slightly eased).
Sold Finch Farm.

Lied through his teeth about everything. It’s crazy!

People would have respected him though, had he walked away, but the worst part is the majority have only turned on him, in 2023… should have been 2008.

Kenwright should be told that he will be part of Everton forever, before being walled in at the new stadium.

and Kenwright staying on as an honorary chairman
Please tell me this is a joke. You can't be serious surely. I mean, please just explain why?! I'm not even going to let my personal view of the man cloud my judgement here. I have entirely set aside my personal view of the man and even so, when looking at this idea as objectively as possible I can see no earthly reason that would justify giving him such a position. Just please give me one good reason why Everton FC should hand a position (honorary or mot) to Kenwright at this point and how it would benefit the club? How does ANYONE benefit from that other then Kenwright and why should that even be a consideration?!

Please tell me this is a joke. You can't be serious surely. I mean, please just explain why?! I'm not even going to let my personal view of the man cloud my judgement here. I have entirely set aside my personal view of the man and even so, when looking at this idea as objectively as possible I can see no earthly reason that would justify giving him such a position. Just please give me one good reason why Everton FC should hand a position (honorary or mot) to Kenwright at this point and how it would benefit the club? How does ANYONE benefit from that other then Kenwright and why should that even be a consideration?!

I'm not saying that because I think he should get something like that, I'm saying it because I think he has some agreement to be here until then. Look I would love for him to waltz off into the sunset now but I simply can't see him cutting all ties of his own volition. Those that do I think will end up disappointed.

Thus I can see an elaborate title that means he is part of the club but actually isn't as some halfway house to try and appease the fans and his agreement. Obviously from the reaction so far that will satisfy nobody.

Bill welcomes any buyer if they agree to keep him on the board. The same thing happened with the buyout shenanigans a few months ago. God knows how we are ever going to be rid of him. The man is like Wolfsbane.

I'm not saying that because I think he should get something like that, I'm saying it because I think he has some agreement to be here until then. Look I would love for him to waltz off into the sunset now but I simply can't see him cutting all ties of his own volition. Those that do I think will end up disappointed.

Thus I can see an elaborate title that means he is part of the club but actually isn't as some halfway house to try and appease the fans and his agreement. Obviously from the reaction so far that will satisfy nobody.
Thing is he can have an agreement, Sam had one to be Everton manager for 18 months, Farhad cut it short, same with Silva, if he wanted to he could easily renege on any agreement.
You might be right, but Moshiri wants him to stay on, even now, he is the one person that Farhad hasn't removed since he came to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.