Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill welcomes any buyer if they agree to keep him on the board. The same thing happened with the buyout shenanigans a few months ago. God knows how we are ever going to be rid of him. The man is like Wolfsbane.
What buy out shenanigans a few months ago, you mean the Americans?

Thing is he can have an agreement, Sam had one to be Everton manager for 18 months, Farhad cut it short, same with Silva, if he wanted to he could easily renege on any agreement.
You might be right, but Moshiri wants him to stay on, even now, he is the one person that Farhad hasn't removed since he came to the club.
that's Moshiri's failure and he has checked out now.
doesn't mean BK hasn't his own failures

No...pressure should be on Bill to step down, and prove he has the interests of Everton and its fans, rather than his own pocket and prestige at heart
And what if he doesn't? Is Moshiri really going to leave the call up too him? What kind of an owner does that.

I'm not saying that because I think he should get something like that, I'm saying it because I think he has some agreement to be here until then. Look I would love for him to waltz off into the sunset now but I simply can't see him cutting all ties of his own volition. Those that do I think will end up disappointed.

Thus I can see an elaborate title that means he is part of the club but actually isn't as some halfway house to try and appease the fans and his agreement. Obviously from the reaction so far that will satisfy nobody.
He has to go. Its a symbolic thing at this point. Regardless of how much of its his fault, he has now come to represent everything that is wrong with our club to a great chunk of the fanbase. Keeping him around in an honorary position means nowt, its still a reward for failure amd another sign that we'll pacify him and the old boys network over the general wellbeing of the club. Besides, we've been told for years that he doesn't have any real power and is just a figurehead anyway. Why would anyone believe him or the club now even if he really did just become that? The only way to fix this is a clean break and the fact that Kenwright isn't willing to do that only proves what people like me have been saying for years. He doesn't give a dam about the club. Its always been about him and his ego.

Does it matter? Moshiri is an investor that has grown tired of his investment. Self proclaimed greatest blue Bill should have the consideration and grace to bow out when he is an ineffective and damaging chairman.
Just because Farhad is an investor and not a fan doesn't make it ok for him to destroy us, and make bad decisions.
Don't forgot, Bill is employed by a business Farhad owns, he works on his staff

Just because Farhad is an investor and not a fan doesn't make it ok for him to destroy us, and make bad decisions.
Don't forgot, Bill is employed by a business Farhad owns, he works on his staff
Don't forget, Bill is a person whose right to dignity and autonomy is to a large extent protected by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and can decide to step down for the sake of his dignity and respect for the club he purports to love. He does not require Moshiri's dismissal or permission to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.