Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the big issue is that we were left behind when the premier league started but is it fair to blame that on Kenwright? Was that not the other guy who was chairman at that time.

Kenwright did well to steady the ship in the early 2 thousands and then found investment from Moshiri. I think yes his job now is untenable and he will go. But he isn't the reason for all of Evertons failures in the last 30 years.

This is the opinion of someone who likes to look at the bigger picture and isn't a bandwagon jumper

It was Rooney that did it for me.
We were a huge club with a big fan base, yea the 90's were rocky but if ever a chance presented it's self to turn the club around it was that 16 year old die hard toffee super star.
Anyone with any business acumen would have used Rooney to drive investment and turn the club around. Or at least try.
Kenwright tried to drive a bidding war to get as much for him as possible. It was the only way for him to keep control of the club and he knew it.
The moment Rooney walked out the door, we resigned ourselves to also rans.
(I know the next season we finished fourth but thats on Moyes, a freak low points season, and luck, not Kenwright)
I think Wayne Rooney saved the club from going under, without the money from that transfer we could have been made bankrupt, Kenwright took the money, Wayne took the flak and was made the scapegoat by too many Everton fans!!

Where has he said this my mate?

Times.

”It is understood that chairman Bill Kenwright, 77, was also minded to stand down but is holding further talks with the owner Farhad Moshiri at the request of the British-Iranian billionaire“

Begging was my interruption so may be a little strong but there is a strong whiff of appeasement or Mosh not knowing his a*se from his elbow

I think the big issue is that we were left behind when the premier league started but is it fair to blame that on Kenwright? Was that not the other guy who was chairman at that time.

Kenwright did well to steady the ship in the early 2 thousands and then found investment from Moshiri. I think yes his job now is untenable and he will go. But he isn't the reason for all of Evertons failures in the last 30 years.

This is the opinion of someone who likes to look at the bigger picture and isn't a bandwagon jumper
He was a board member when the PL started.
He has to take some responsibility for our fall from grace in the early years.
For me, he seems to have spent his whole tenure figuring out how to keep the chair, no matter what.
He knew the club needed more than he could give yet refused to allow that to happen time and time again till the one buyer who'd let him stay on came along.
He's been on the board since 1989, I'm not sure how big a picture you want to look at?

He was a board member when the PL started.
He has to take some responsibility for our fall from grace in the early years.
For me, he seems to have spent his whole tenure figuring out how to keep the chair, no matter what.
He knew the club needed more than he could give yet refused to allow that to happen time and time again till the one buyer who'd let him stay on came along.
He's been on the board since 1989, I'm not sure how big a picture you want to look at?
I m absolutely certain anyone stopped from buying Everton might just have mentioned it. For all his failings i m not having that one. Just repeating something time and time again doesnt make it true ye know. Thats tory behaviour.

Bill Kenwright has been on the board since 1989, if he had fought for Everton to be the best in those early years as much as he has fought to hold onto power now. Things may be different.

Where do Joyce and Maddock and King (all ***head kopite writers) get their info about Everton? Oh yeah....

This really is pathetic from him now, fully expecting him to chain himself to a radiator.
Would be quite happy with this, as long as it's in the Terry Waite style.

Got us a new stadium. Never been relegated from the prem ever. Many a European nights when he had full control.

To chase him out before he can sit in his little chairman box at BMD would be outrageous.

We'll never have an ounce of luck because of it.

CGT.gif

Times.

”It is understood that chairman Bill Kenwright, 77, was also minded to stand down but is holding further talks with the owner Farhad Moshiri at the request of the British-Iranian billionaire“

Begging was my interruption so may be a little strong but there is a strong whiff of appeasement or Mosh not knowing his a*se from his elbow

It won't be up to Moshiri if he stays, MSP will have already agreed to places on the board as part of the deal, probably including whom the chairman will be. This will have all been decided before the pen touched the paper.

Kenwright will be begging for some honoury role.

So people rate Guardiola as this great manager perhaps the best in the world but what defines a great manager.
Should a manager who is managing Barcelona with the best team in the world win the league and champions league... yes. he won the champions league twice with barcelona out of four attempts, he won the league 3 times out of 4. Is Luis Enrique a great manager too? or does he just managing a great team?
Should a manager with Bayern Munich win the champions league, a team who in his era there perhaps the best in the world.... yes, he didnt win it. He won the bundesliga 3 times but hardly surprising when he signed all their rivals best players from them, eg Lewandowski and Gotze.
My main point being, he failed at Bayern Munich, the league was a gimme for the them but ultimately the champions league he didnt even reach a final.
As for the premier league when did a team last win the league playing Barca esque style football? I dont think its been done. Look what that style did to Everton last season. Then compare Leicester's effective counter attack style.
For me Guardiola has done what has been expected of him as a whole on his career and certainly is no elite manager. His style will be found out and I expect him be struggling next season. I cant understand the hype and odds suggest Man City are huge favourites to win the league... not for me.

Isnt to do with the company law or something that there has to be one board member. Im sure kenwright will be milking this telling his mouthpieces hes staying for the good of the club. Hopefully once the interim board is installed kenwright can **** right off.

I m absolutely certain anyone stopped from buying Everton might just have mentioned it. For all his failings i m not having that one. Just repeating something time and time again doesnt make it true ye know. Thats tory behaviour.
whats with the insult...

I'm not sure how far anyone got in the process of buying Everton. There's a high chance there were NDA's associated with any substantive talks.
And if there weren't and no one entered in to talks in the 15 odd years of his ownership, then that's probably on him too.
He was searching 24/7 after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back