Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Bournemouth v Everton, Sat 30/12/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's negative because the players are so crud. He is picking up points which with this squad is all he can do.

Anything more than that will require a lot of money to undo the mess done by the previous regime.

He isn't blameless in today's result, we have poor players but we have enough quality still to play more positively and get something from this game, and we haven't due to his tactics and team selection.

expectation..... i expect us to have more than 1 shot on target against a team that west ham put 3 past.

bournmouth and west brom are going down. we were second best to both. in fact we hardly turned up to either game.
man utd next and believe me , its going to be more of the same , just with a throw back to the Southampton scoreline.
play the under 23s until some mugs come in to buy half our squad.

Niasse is a centre-forward. Maybe not a good one but he knows what the job requires. DCL is on an apprenticeship.

I am glad that Sam is playing Bolasie but the player looks overweight and will need months to get match-fit.

He must have know what was expected, he surly couldn't have believed this way of playing is exceptable for the rest of the season. It's a hard one as we would be in a terrible mess if Koeman was still here, we are getting to a decent safe position but the football is rubbish. I'm not really sure of the answer other than getting around 5 quality players in.

We can only pray he's unceremoniously dragged out of finch farm regardless come May. Hopefully he won't be given too much money to waste in the next window- beyond a striker, which we're obviously desperate for.

The players are a huge part of the problem I agree, but when you set out solely to get a point at Bournemouth who aren't exactly brimming with confidence then some of the blame needs to be directed to Allardyce.

Negative manager, negative tactics, poor squad overall and a club that behind the scenes appears to be in the middle of a power struggle. It'll be an unexciting second half of the season and then we need to seriously reassess everything from top to bottom. I'd start with a ritual slaying of Elstone to kick of proceedings.

The worst bit for me about the result is Bournemouth are utter pish defensively. In 95 minutes we created a gana goal, a half chance for sigi and a shot from outside the box from Rooney. The problem we have is as soon as we have to press on and have a go at teams we are so frail at the back teams do through us like a knife through butter.

We looked OK first half, we created nothing but it would have been 0-0 had McCarthy not had a monumental brain fart. Second half we went for it, that was an attacking team, two wingers, rooney dropped to mid and sigi in a cam role. Bournemouth had enough chances second half for it to be 5 or 6. The players we have in the defensive unit just aren't up to the job. Out of the 8 defensive players we started with I'd say only Pickford and to an extent gana had a decent game. Schneiderlin, jags, Keane, martina, Kenny were all poor. Kenny is young and learning and it's bound to happen but the others need to be doing more. We have to go into games being gimped going forward because we are so utterly shyte at the back which is what we've seen now under 4 different managers.

The players are a huge part of the problem I agree, but when you set out solely to get a point at Bournemouth who aren't exactly brimming with confidence then some of the blame needs to be directed to Allardyce.

Negative manager, negative tactics, poor squad overall and a club that behind the scenes appears to be in the middle of a power struggle. It'll be an unexciting second half of the season and then we need to seriously reassess everything from top to bottom. I'd start with a ritual slaying of Elstone to kick of proceedings.
I think the problem is we’re not very good and Allardyce knows this, we opened 2nd half and ultimately got beat because of it. This is Koemans mess though.

On what planet are we better than one of Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool?

The key word here is ‘expectation’. So you genuinely believe that we should be finishing above one of those mentioned above or the season is a failure? Because if so that’s ludicrous.

This is the problem with our fan base.
I am fully aware of where we are but I'm not happy with it.

You ar suggesting we should be. When Utd needed a squad rebuild they did so. We need one because of horrendous appointments of Moshiri. He needs to fix it and that will require money because right now this is unacceptable.

i wish i could go back in time and cherish watching an everton side that at least put effort in

75253.jpg

Well that's the honeymoon over....January is almost here. Got to act very quickly in the market as he should have some inkling that the majority of our players are just not that good.

What gets me is when we do hopeful punts 9 times out of ten we don't win the ball yet when they did it today it's like we let them have it and even let them turn.

Our team needs major surgery and the negativity kicked out of them.

The number of times Afobe held the ball and then was allowed to turn was ridiculous, he could have bent down and tied his laces before Keane or Jagielka got a foot in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back