Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton, Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
all these shouts to make sure we keep Gomes....

is it just me or should keeping Zouma be made the bigger priority? With Mina, Zouma, and Keane that would be a nice 3 CB rotation to have in the squad.... whereas, if we don't keep Zouma, we are down to Keane and Mina.... both of whom have games where they're not great.... I think keeping all 3 should be the top priority and rotate them in some manner

Gomes was poor, and looked very slow (usually does but usually makes up for it in other ways, but not today)

Needed Gomes to play well today and unfortunately he didn't. Without him cruising past people in midfield, along with no DCL to hold the ball up and no Sigurdsson to find space, we just had nowhere to go. Brighton put 11 behind the ball whenever we had it, and looked very comfortable.

Was at the game. Player with the ball looking for someone to pass to. Why ar we so static. Has no one heard of running off the vall. I mentioned this to the guy beside me & he agreed.

Poor.

Away from home we look weak and not up for the battle.

Don't get me wrong, burnley was great. But they must be very poor.

For me questions are growing over Silva. To be on the same points as the horror show of last season, when the club turned to Sam Allardyce to fend off relegation, is a sorry tale.

Silva is still searching for his best line-up -having tried almost all possible
permutations and lots of players - but it must be clear to him that three or four positions have to be upgraded.

In terms of attacking the team has no system. Walcott is a big problem- he is fast, knocks in the odd goal and
every two months or so has a really good game but usually he is a passenger, lacks determination and will now
never become a top player.

Richarlison was a disgrace yesterday. A professional would have realized that the ref was not going to give him anything
for his antics but he continued the moaning throughout never offering an exit behind their big lumps. He is not a number 9, at
least for the Premier, and should go back to his proper spot. Bernard and Richy on the wings and Tosun/DCL up the middle, Lookman
the replacement and Walcott on the bench. Reinforcements in due course.

Three at the back only works if the full-backs can really contribute and Seamus is no longer the player he was. The bloke at Palace would
be a fantastic upgrade.

Sorry for the rant but I needed to do something...

I never want us to lose but it's definitely nice to be rid of all those whinging "we're a top 6 club" weirdos who thought every journalist not calling us a top 6 team had an agenda... Suck on this reality check you lot.

Long way to go yet before we're anywhere near top 6. Hopefully Brands and Silva can take another forward step with the business this transfer window.

Problem is TOP 6 and all around are moving as well..so will be in limbo...

Very disappointed with the line up and subs today. All good to play 3 big men at the back when playing Burnley but Brighton had one pacey, small striker. Out numbered in midfield so we are left with long balls to Brazil, out-muscled time and again. At least C-L would have given them a match at that game. Very disappointing not to change it at half time, disappointing to leave Walcott on. Not impressed at at with Silva today.

Very poor today from our so called quality players I.e the front 3 and Gomes. They were superb at falling over and passing to the opposition but it is very difficult for the other 7 to win games when those 4 play like they did.
The manager and coaches are just as responsible for that as are the players. Needs sorting fast .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back