Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame if we don't get him, but if West Ham offered him first team football can't really blame him for picking that over bench warming for us.

Look at it this way, West Ham fans will be gloating about getting a player who knew he was unlikely to displace Coleman.
That's 60 grand seamus coleman, too. Over £4m Byram.

There have been worse days in our transfer history.

Lukaku and Deulofeu were loan signings which then allowed us to sign them permanently after developing a decent relationship with them.

With Lukaku in particular we took advantage of a manager who in hindsight was beginning to show the first signs of losing the plot.

Had we had to compete for their permanent signatures from the get-go I suspect the outcome would have been very different.
Disagree but that is something we'll never know. Overall as I say think we've done well with transfers with the odd exception of course.

Going back to Bryam, what specifically do you think the club/Martinez did wrong or should have done differently to get the deal over the line?

Lukaku and Deulofeu were loan signings which then allowed us to sign them permanently after developing a decent relationship with them.

With Lukaku in particular we took advantage of a manager who in hindsight was beginning to show the first signs of losing the plot.

Had we had to compete for their permanent signatures from the get-go I suspect the outcome would have been very different.
Have you any theories on who shot jfk
Or what really happened lord lucan

Disagree but that is something we'll never know. Overall as I say think we've done well with transfers with the odd exception of course.

Going back to Bryam, what specifically do you think the club/Martinez did wrong or should have done differently to get the deal over the line?
The club as it is now - nothing. Well perhaps announce new ownership and new stadium.

Higher in the league (ie genuinely challenging for top 4) would I suspect have swung it.

But the club in the state it presently us will find it difficult/impossible to compete with the like of West Ham and even as we saw with Shaqiri the likes of Stoke.

We've been linked with this lad for months, Martinez has talked specifically about him too, something he wouldn't do without a clear serious interest. Heard Rumours Martinez called the lad a phenomenal diamond of a player with huge potential.

If were honest its dopey Everton messing about once again. Just offer the money n get him. Same old but different transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back