Cahill's Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont condone it at all! but was this his first offence!! did he just have too many and got carried away! which is out of order and desevres to be punished! but doesnt realy reprosent the person which his brothers knows and loves!

its his family and like us all we would be distrought if anything happend to them!

you can make all the excuses you like, and see the best of him of you want.

an innocent man doesnt flee the country.

i'll be on the side of the victim.

have you met ropeandglass?

Seeing as you bought my name up.

In one of the reports you linked it says that Cahill said he was the subject of racist abuse.

Now of course he could well be lying but if he wasn't and Mr Stapley did racially abuse Cahill what would your opinion of the incident and both parties be then?

could have been ''worse'', it could be the cahill family dealing with the vicious and cowardly attack that left one of their family members partially blinded in one eye.

Seeing as you bought my name up.

In one of the reports you linked it says that Cahill said he was the subject of racist abuse.

Now of course he could well be lying but if he wasn't and Mr Stapley did racially abuse Cahill what would your opinion of the incident and both parties be then?

that words dont constitute a reason for grievous bodily harm.

it actually reads that allegedly his brother (also samoan) was called '[Poor language removed]' amongst other things, its out of order, but doesnt warrant blinding someone.

could have been ''worse'', it could be the cahill family dealing with the vicious and cowardly attack that left one of their family members partially blinded in one eye.

Doesn't answer my question though does it. What would your views on defendant and victim be if Cahill had been racially abused beforehand.

Doesn't answer my question though does it. What would your views on defendant and victim be if Cahill had been racially abused beforehand.

might be forum lag, might be a bit hasty, might be pages refreshing.

perhaps a touch of calm next time before trying to kick out at me :)

Im with Suits on this one, the level of violence used and subsequent injuries to the "victim" despite provocation be it racial or otherwise cannot be accused! To partialy blind someone is inexcusable in any context!

I hate racism, jingoisn in any form but actions such as the violence and to the extent it seems has been in this case is hardly going to fuel anything else but further racism and violence. Cahill's brother deserves to be repremanded and punished for his use of extreame violence!

Thats not to say i dont have compassion for Tim as is obviously deeply effected by his brothers incarceration, but i dont see why it should be excusable or even up for debate, because one of our favourate players is a premiership footballer!

Im with Suits on this one, the level of violence used and subsequent injuries to the "victim" despite provocation be it racial or otherwise cannot be accused! To partialy blind someone is inexcusable in any context!

I hate racism, jingoisn in any form but actions such as the violence and to the extent it seems has been in this case is hardly going to fuel anything else but further racism and violence. Cahill's brother deserves to be repremanded and punished for his use of extreame violence!

Thats not to say i dont have compassion for Tim as is obviously deeply effected by his brothers incarceration, but i dont see why it should be excusable or even up for debate, because one of our favourate players is a premiership footballer!

absolutely, bang on the money there.

goodison has never been the kindest of places to opposition players with issues in their personal lives (joey barton getting his arse out for instance) so how come the swathes of understanding and empathy in this case.

its the kopites that suffer from 'typical kopite hypocrisy'. lets try and keep it that way please.

might be forum lag, might be a bit hasty, might be pages refreshing.

perhaps a touch of calm next time before trying to kick out at me :)

The first reply after my question was the one i replied to so was reasonable to assume it was in reply to me.

Who's kicking out? I'm purely asking questions in a calm respectful manner am i not?

Anyway, as for your proper reply :

that words dont constitute a reason for grievous bodily harm.

it actually reads that allegedly his brother (also samoan) was called '[Poor language removed]' amongst other things, its out of order, but doesnt warrant blinding someone.

So Mr Stapley didn't deserve blinding and that Cahill, despite racial abuse of his brother should not be condoned at all for his assault?

I'd agree with that.

But can you not put all that aside and view it from a different angle.

The angle that Tim Cahill has just seen his brother that he loves put in prison for 6 years?

Condone the assault all you want, i'm with you on that but can you not even for a second see it from Tim Cahills point of view? Can you not see that their may well of been racial abuse and that while not justifying it certainly helps explain why a previously good man lost control and carried out an attack he wouldnt normally of done?

He is being punished for his crimes. Doesnt stop the Cahill family being victims either as well as the Stapley family. Doesn't stop the Cahill family wishing their loved one had gone to a different club that night, just like it doesnt stop the Stapley family.

What sentence would you of given Sean Cahill?

absolutely, bang on the money there.

goodison has never been the kindest of places to opposition players with issues in their personal lives (joey barton getting his arse out for instance) so how come the swathes of understanding and empathy in this case.

its the kopites that suffer from 'typical kopite hypocrisy'. lets try and keep it that way please.

Was thinking the same thing mate, could you imagine if it was Kewal instead of Cahill!

The issues cant be diluted on who we like and who we dont!

The first reply after my question was the one i replied to so was reasonable to assume it was in reply to me.

Who's kicking out? I'm purely asking questions in a calm respectful manner am i not?

i answered your question, as soon as i saw it. i considered this...
you said:
Doesn't answer my question though does it.
to be somewhat hasty and discourteous.

Anyway, as for your proper reply :

'reply' would have been fine, but i feel like your pushing, the language you choose, and the order you use it.

So Mr Stapley didn't deserve blinding and that Cahill, despite racial abuse of his brother should not be condoned at all for his assault?

alleged racial abuse.

I'd agree with that.

But can you not put all that aside and view it from a different angle.

no, a man is partly blinded in one eye and someone else is responsible. its not even known if stapley himself is the individual accused of alleged racist remarks. (why would he/they be bothered about being called '[Poor language removed]'?)

The angle that Tim Cahill has just seen his brother that he loves put in prison for 6 years?

neither you nor i can know or understand his love or otherwise.

Condone the assault all you want, i'm with you on that but can you not even for a second see it from Tim Cahills point of view? Can you not see that their may well of been racial abuse and that while not justifying it certainly helps explain why a previously good man lost control and carried out an attack he wouldnt normally of done?

there is no explanation, to believe there is is to invite such a crime to happen again. previously good man? he legged it to aus. a good man would stand up and face his responsibility, not run away like a rat.

He is being punished for his crimes. Doesnt stop the Cahill family being victims either as well as the Stapley family. Doesn't stop the Cahill family wishing their loved one had gone to a different club that night, just like it doesnt stop the Stapley family.

the cahill family are victims of their son/brothers crime. they can wish for whatever they like, he commit the crime, he does the time. it was his choice, its his responsibility.

What sentence would you of given Sean Cahill?

hypothetical questions get hypothetical answers.

if it was possible to take an eye from sean and give it to stapley then that would seem to fit. sean also getting a couple of years (jail), made to pay for the surgery and the cost of being imprisoned, then getting a rather nasty mark on his record coupled with expulsion from britain on release.

hopefully he is a good person that for some stupidity commit this horrendous, cowardly and callous crime that inflicted very serious injury on another person and that his conscience tortures him for the rest of his life knowing what he has done to that man and his family.

Cahill, 28, said: "That was for my older brother because I am just proud that he is happy and I am happy. I just wanted to send a message to him. It has been emotional for me because my family mean so much to me."

thats not the wisest thing to say.

he shouldnt be too worried anyway, 6 years here means 3 years tops, and with this bit of sly racism from the government...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7256456.stm

who knows how soon he will be released.

i wonder if they get sky sports piped in whilst in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back