Cahill's Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
i answered your question, as soon as i saw it. i considered this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
Doesn't answer my question though does it.
to be somewhat hasty and discourteous.

Anyway, as for your proper reply :

'reply' would have been fine, but i feel like your pushing, the language you choose, and the order you use it.

Correct use of the quote fuction would of stopped any confusion as i would of known who you were replying to. Proper reply meant one intended for me not someone else considering you had made many "replies" in this thread.

Now why would i be pushing you Suits? I remind you that you did bring my name up for seemingly no other reason in this thread then what appears to of been a dig at me so if any "pushing" is going on its from you.

I'm just discussing an issue with you in a respectful manner.

But can you not put all that aside and view it from a different angle.

no, a man is partly blinded in one eye and someone else is responsible. its not even known if stapley himself is the individual accused of alleged racist remarks. (why would he/they be bothered about being called '[Poor language removed]'?)

Again, instead of seeing this 100% from the victims side can you not put aside your views and try to see it from Tim Cahills point? Your condemnation of the crime is completly correct but will not be lessened by at least seeing things from someone elses point of view.

The angle that Tim Cahill has just seen his brother that he loves put in prison for 6 years?

neither you nor i can know or understand his love or otherwise.

Its the love and support of a family member or a loved one. Everyone can see that.

there is no explanation, to believe there is is to invite such a crime to happen again. previously good man? he legged it to aus. a good man would stand up and face his responsibility, not run away like a rat.

Of course there is an explanation. There is an explanation for everything if you look deep enough. Not excuse but explanations.

Quote from the judge : ""It is very sad to see a young man with so much good in him and so much to give the community convicted of this extremely serious offence"

Why did a young man with so much good in him commit such a heinous crime? What explains it.

the cahill family are victims of their son/brothers crime. they can wish for whatever they like, he commit the crime, he does the time. it was his choice, its his responsibility.

So Tim Cahill cannot be sad for what has happened to his brother? Surely you should have sympathy with them just as you do for Mr Stapley and his family?

hopefully he is a good person that for some stupidity commit this horrendous, cowardly and callous crime that inflicted very serious injury on another person and that his conscience tortures him for the rest of his life knowing what he has done to that man and his family.

Correct use of the quote fuction would of stopped any confusion as i would of known who you were replying to. Proper reply meant one intended for me not someone else considering you had made many "replies" in this thread.

i had a feeling it might be my fault :)

Now why would i be pushing you Suits? I remind you that you did bring my name up for seemingly no other reason in this thread then what appears to of been a dig at me so if any "pushing" is going on its from you.

I'm just discussing an issue with you in a respectful manner.

thats your opinion, and i know as good as a few that there are ways of being 'snide'.

Again, instead of seeing this 100% from the victims side can you not put aside your views and try to see it from Tim Cahills point? Your condemnation of the crime is completly correct but will not be lessened by at least seeing things from someone elses point of view.

hopefully cahill (tim) acknowledges the man with less sight, in such cases i find it difficult to make room for secondary or tertiary consideration for the family and friends of the criminal. my concern is for the victim, and that is exclusive.

Its the love and support of a family member or a loved one. Everyone can see that.

speak for you, not ''everyone''. hopefully his family feel let down because of his actions and very sorry for the bloke with less sight.

Of course there is an explanation. There is an explanation for everything if you look deep enough. Not excuse but explanations.

you can look deep enough into anything and eventually find what you want.

Quote from the judge : ""It is very sad to see a young man with so much good in him and so much to give the community convicted of this extremely serious offence"

Why did a young man with so much good in him commit such a heinous crime? What explains it.

i have no idea what explains it, the facts as reported state that he kicked a man in the face whilst on the floor defenceless at least twice. it cost that man a part of his sight. i struggle to get past that.

So Tim Cahill cannot be sad for what has happened to his brother? Surely you should have sympathy with them just as you do for Mr Stapley and his family?

he can be as sad/happy/depressed/what-ever as he wants, it doesnt get his brother off from the responsibility and it doesnt give stapley his sight back. i have no pity for criminals. i refuse to feel sorry for them, they are responsible for their crimes. its the same for everyone. commit the crime, face the time.

sean cahill is responsible, im sure his family will miss him, but he did it to himself, to his family to the stapley family and most importantly stapley himself.

i have no respect or time for a coward of such a nature. unfortunate for his family, but they arent responsible, he is.

jesus christ this argument is messy

look obviously kicking someone's face in is [Poor language removed] up and needs to be punished, all i'm asking you to do is not jump to conclusions about people you've read a few snippits about like so many people have been prone to do, you never know the whole story about things like this and i know personally that people online tend to judge unfairly based on limited information they see on the news and such (since i've been the subject of it)

the judges words about him weren't necessarily fact, they jus reflect the same viewpoint which went into the conviction, the judge believed there was a reasonable amount of evidence to convict him, but as its been said the system isn't perfect.

okay you keep referring to this "victim", obviously he's been wronged doesn't deserve what happened and so forth, but you seem to be going to great lengths to sympathize with him. it was a bar fight, it wasn't a random group assault, two groups fought eachother, and in the middle of this mess, the crime in question occurred. i feel bad as well that the man's vision is impaired, but as i understand it he was also involved in egging on the conflict, this wasn't singling out some random person on the street.

i'm not trying to defend what sean cahill did, i just think you're painting this as a much worse crime than it really was.

if i had a brother who got carried away in a bar fight, i'd certainly dedicate my goal and every other goal i scored since then to him, just to know he still has a family that loves him while he's suffering for the next 6 years.

some of the things i've cited may be wrong, maybe racism wasn't a factor, that's the nature of arguing about things like that, an ongoing investigation of a crime based on circumstantial evidence is a lot different from documentation of catastrophic events like the a-bomb at hiroshima. noone knows the details of what went on in that bar, probably not even those in the fight if they were already tipsy enough to fight, so all i'm asking is that you be a little bit less quick to judge, and try to understand how this would be effecting tim cahill.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the case other than a man was partially blinded after Tim's brother kicked him when he was down. I think the celebration was over the top. Remember, there's a family out there whose last desire would be to see a public show of solidarity from the brother of a man who nearly blinded their son/brother/father/ husband. Nothing against Timmy, though. Just think he should have thought it through a bit more.

Last edited:
jesus christ this argument is messy

look obviously kicking someone's face in is [Poor language removed] up and needs to be punished, all i'm asking you to do is not jump to conclusions about people you've read a few snippits about like so many people have been prone to do, you never know the whole story about things like this and i know personally that people online tend to judge unfairly based on limited information they see on the news and such (since i've been the subject of it)

the judges words about him weren't necessarily fact, they jus reflect the same viewpoint which went into the conviction, the judge believed there was a reasonable amount of evidence to convict him, but as its been said the system isn't perfect.

okay you keep referring to this "victim", obviously he's been wronged doesn't deserve what happened and so forth, but you seem to be going to great lengths to sympathize with him. it was a bar fight, it wasn't a random group assault, two groups fought eachother, and in the middle of this mess, the crime in question occurred. i feel bad as well that the man's vision is impaired, but as i understand it he was also involved in egging on the conflict, this wasn't singling out some random person on the street.

i'm not trying to defend what sean cahill did, i just think you're painting this as a much worse crime than it really was.

if i had a brother who got carried away in a bar fight, i'd certainly dedicate my goal and every other goal i scored since then to him, just to know he still has a family that loves him while he's suffering for the next 6 years.

some of the things i've cited may be wrong, maybe racism wasn't a factor, that's the nature of arguing about things like that, an ongoing investigation of a crime based on circumstantial evidence is a lot different from documentation of catastrophic events like the a-bomb at hiroshima. noone knows the details of what went on in that bar, probably not even those in the fight if they were already tipsy enough to fight, so all i'm asking is that you be a little bit less quick to judge, and try to understand how this would be effecting tim cahill.
absotively!

If it was my brother, Dont give a fukk what people say. Id stick by him no matter what. Family is the MOST important thing.

If he wants to celebrate like that, As its not against FA rules. He can do what the fukk he wants.

As for his brother, I dont give a fukk. This [Poor language removed] happens every day in this country. Its only gettin air time because its tims brother.

Plus if he's been calling him racist things......He can't have must argument for getting a few kicks.....this is life. If i went down in town an started calling people racist things. Id expect to get mullerd!!.....FACT.

Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

It's his brother, of course he's going to support him. I would if it was my brother (not that he'd ever do that but you catch my drift)

Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

It's his brother, of course he's going to support him. I would if it was my brother (not that he'd ever do that but you catch my drift)

I agree Rodders, as far as I am aware the only people to question it are the Sky news team. He loves his brother, people continue to love murders, doesn't mean they condone their actions in any way. He no doubt has to comfort the remainder of his family , he may have met with the victims family for all we know, allow Tim his privacy and if it helps him back to form he can drop his kecks and wave his nudger round if he wants

If it was my brother, Dont give a fukk what people say. Id stick by him no matter what. Family is the MOST important thing.

does ian brady have a brother? i wonder if he has stuck by him.

If he wants to celebrate like that, As its not against FA rules. He can do what the fukk he wants.

As for his brother, I dont give a fukk. This [Poor language removed] happens every day in this country. Its only gettin air time because its tims brother.

''happens everyday'', so that makes it alright then.

Plus if he's been calling him racist things......He can't have must argument for getting a few kicks.....this is life. If i went down in town an started calling people racist things. Id expect to get mullerd!!.....FACT.

your missing the point. but carry on.

:holds tongue:

It's not worth falling out about. I think it was just a bit ill-judged, but Tim Cahill is legally entitled to offer support to his brother, which no doubt he has, and through more direct and personal channels than his goal celebration at Goodison Park.

We're all Evertonians and we're lucky that we have a player of TC's passion and commitment. (y)

Give over suits,

I don't think he thought I know what I'll do, I'll dedicate this celebration to my brother. Just to [Poor language removed] the victim's family.

Just because his brother attacked someone doesn't mean Tim shouldn't let his brother know he's thinking about him. He was clearly emotional and probably didn't think it through properly.

At the end of the day, Tim himself didn't mean to offend anyone with his celebration and that is how it should be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back