Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is clearly the outstanding candidate,why shouldn't we aspire for Jose if we now have the "muscle"to compete?Remember when Catterick/Bingham left the calibre of boss's we were linked with?(Yeah I know we ended up with Bingham and Leelol)they were the days of NSNO,I for one am sick to the back teeth of our club being belittled and patronised,we should be thinking Mourinho,for all his baggage he would put us back to the level we were once perceived IMHO.

Mourinho would transform us immediately. All clubs bang on about expanding the 'brand' what better way then securing the services of the most famous and one of the most successful managers of recent times. Pay him what he wants, the media exposure he would generate would transform our commercial appeal to companies. Add in the mix, not only would players want to stay and play under him, just imagine the calibre of player we could attract.

I'm sure Chelski fans weren't thinking like this when they got a Billionaire new owner, we are in with a good shout, this thread sums up a lot of Everton fans to a Tee, small time mentality drilled into them after years of Kenwright.
Was just saying to my lad , you will see a totally different Everton to the one you have been watching, it will need a totally different mindset, get this we cant have him or him out of your head from now on its a different ball game.
Get the manager right and we could be onto a good thing here, just need the jinx off the board next and its lift off.

Was just saying to my lad , you will see a totally different Everton to the one you have been watching, it will need a totally different mindset, get this we cant have him or him out of your head from now on its a different ball game.
Get the manager right and we could be onto a good thing here, just need the jinx off the board next and its lift off.

Mate the three amigos on the board, communications and mkt dept and sharp, snods and Stuart.

The Everton job is now smaller than the likes of West Ham, he gonna manage West Ham too?

Hey best manager in the world come and manage a bottom half club.

We trying to rival them across the road for most deluded fans in the league?
We are much bigger than West Ham. Will Jose base his decision on a couple of mid table finishes, of course he won't. He knows we are one of the big English clubs.

I don't think we will get him, but the board should try. Need to change the whole mentality.

If he didn't go to Utd, I think we would have a decent chance. End of the day money talks

We are much bigger than West Ham. Will Jose base his decision on a couple of mid table finishes, of course he won't. He knows we are one of the big English clubs.

I don't think we will get him, but the board should try. Need to change the whole mentality.

If he didn't go to Utd, I think we would have a decent chance. End of the day money talks
Sleeping giant lad.

Right manager, right push with some investment. It's all there.

The Everton job is now smaller than the likes of West Ham, he gonna manage West Ham too?

Hey best manager in the world come and manage a bottom half club.

We trying to rival them across the road for most deluded fans in the league?
Just remind me were were Liverpool in the table when klopp took them on ?
Didn't stop them getting the man they wanted

Just remind me were were Liverpool in the table when klopp took them on ?
Didn't stop them getting the man they wanted

probably the same place they are now haha but your point is valid.

i'd like us to at least try for mourinho, yes he'll almost certainly knock us back, but what negative effect would that have on us? none.

Why wont he come here? MY reasons why he may come.... We pay managers well (roberto was in the top 10 in terms of well paid managers) we have now have funds to support him. The only options he has are Man utd PSG and everton. In my opinion man utd would have made there move by now if they wanted to appoint him. I can't see him going to PSG as there league is really weak. COME ON EVERTON APPOINT JOSE AND SHOW AMBITION!

We should at least try.

Make him the best paid manager in World football and give him 100m to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back