Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably the same place they are now haha but your point is valid.

i'd like us to at least try for mourinho, yes he'll almost certainly knock us back, but what negative effect would that have on us? none.
Tenth mate, two places above us now, and two below were they are now.
We win Sunday and city win we are one place below them when they got klopp

The Mourinho talk can stop if he joins another club or he states publicly "no chance". Until then.....

672dc8192aca94fd3d31b6d6c51d530d15ccfc26368ec9e70305b0b8724e7f3e.jpg

Don't think it will be him ,but we can talk about it , were do you draw the line?
Its Everton so do even think about , if you think that get onto to RAWK they think the same thing

Think this a disgraceful thread and I refuse to accept @Peter The Dog 's proposition that Everton cannot be in for Mourinho or that we cannot discuss it.

Its this sort of thinking that is holding Everton back.

This sort of believe that we should not think of Nil Satis Nisi Optimum any more.

More like: Sicut accipere locum

Jog on please.

There's plenty of talk that C.Ronaldo would rejoin Man Utd if Mourinho was manager.

So if Jose joined us instead and we now have a billionaire owner...

Conversely united
We should at least try.

Make him the best paid manager in World football and give him 100m to spend.

Difficult task that though pep is rumoured to be getting paid £15 million Martinez was paid £3 million Jose was on £12 million. Klopp is paid £7 million all per year.

There are premier league rules which we have signed up to for another 3 years which form memory go along the lines of clubs can only increase annual wage bills 7% year on year although there is a caveat that increases in commercial income can be used against wage bill increases. In sure there are posters with more knowledge of the actual rules than me.

So it will be difficult to suddenly pay a manger 5 X his predecessor I'd guess Jose will have to take a pay cut.

Moshiri is after all a billionaire accountant with an intellect of the very highest level so will no doubt have lots of ideas to facilitate the annual wage increase. Look at city they have cooked the books for a number of years & negotiated down fines

Conversely united

Difficult task that though pep is rumoured to be getting paid £15 million Martinez was paid £3 million Jose was on £12 million. Klopp is paid £7 million all per year.

There are premier league rules which we have signed up to for another 3 years which form memory go along the lines of clubs can only increase annual wage bills 7% year on year although there is a caveat that increases in commercial income can be used against wage bill increases. In sure there are posters with more knowledge of the actual rules than me.

So it will be difficult to suddenly pay a manger 5 X his predecessor I'd guess Jose will have to take a pay cut.

Moshiri is after all a billionaire accountant with an intellect of the very highest level so will no doubt have lots of ideas to facilitate the annual wage increase. Look at city they have cooked the books for a number of years & negotiated down fines

There is such a thing as a basic then bonuses/dividends depending on results.

Whats wrong with ambition lads? Or should we just stay plucky little Everton?

Aim high
I call that the Kenwright effect, ambition went out the window the day he balls up Kings dock over his ego and dislike for Paul Gregg, thankfully he no longer appears to hold court.

We are much bigger than West Ham.
Are we genuinely? To be crystal clear as I've stated previously on here, I would have José in a heartbeat as I think he's an exceptional manager.

However, I've got to agree with @Piranha that clubs like West Ham probably do currently have a greater attraction than our own. Why?

If you disregard our previous successes and look solely at the here and now then arguably they're in a much stronger and attractive position.

New sixty-thousand seater stadium? Check. Bumper deal that'll support future finances? Check. London location for players and José? Check.

They're arguably on the up as well with a developing squad, whereby we already know we need a major overhaul as mentioned in other squads.

Yes we've got the potential finances of our new owner, but that aside I think West Ham would be more enticing opportunity for many managers.

That's not easy for me to say and it just goes to show how much we've got to do compared to likes of WHU, however that's personally how I see it.

And @edge, with your regards to those lot and Klopp I'd say unfortunately their whole brand and world perception probably helped a lot there.

Unfortunately, we haven't got such a presence in Europe and around the world whereby we can attract the top, top players based on all that.

I would LOVE José and obviously we should examine every avenue to achieve his appointment, but I wouldn't be getting my hope us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back