Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why some people think it's the wrong mentality that is holding us back. It's not mentality, it's lack of money, lack of a new stadium and lack of commercial revenue that up until now has always been the problem. You can go round acting like you're the real deal but if you don't have any substance to back it up you just end up looking like a bit of a tit.

We wouldn't have started winning titles under Kenwright if only we had the right mentality. Money talks and without it you can be as ambitious in your mind as you want but other people will just think you're nuts.

Hopefully we will spend a lot more money now, but until we start splashing the cash and appointing top drawer managers I'll be cautious, not because I have the wrong mentality just because I'm a realist.

We'll find out soon enough how ambitious our new owner is, my point is it's not mentality that has always held us back, just money.

I don't get why some people think it's the wrong mentality that is holding us back. It's not mentality, it's lack of money, lack of a new stadium and lack of commercial revenue that up until now has always been the problem. You can go round acting like you're the real deal but if you don't have any substance to back it up you just end up looking like a bit of a tit.

We wouldn't have started winning titles under Kenwright if only we had the right mentality. Money talks and without it you can be as ambitious in your mind as you want but other people will just think you're nuts.

Hopefully we will spend a lot more money now, but until we start splashing the cash and appointing top drawer managers I'll be cautious, not because I have the wrong mentality just because I'm a realist.

We'll find out soon enough how ambitious our new owner is, my point is it's not mentality that has always held us back, just money.

To cut to the chase.

Bill Kenwright and company - has held us back.

You'd be right.

Of course it is and it has no more merit and than any other's. Still, I'd personally like to hear you justify your opinion - for balance of course.

Because I have superior knowledge that Everton are not in the position they were in even 2 years ago.

Why? Some may quaff at the idea but when removing the blue tinted glasses it's hard to justify that we're currently a more appealing prospect.

We all obviously look at it with our Everton sentiment and sometimes I think that clouds our judgements; that's natural but it can be misleading.

We are a great club... the club I love... and I would love José (hence why I said we should attempt it), but we're not in the finest of positions.

I am not betraying any confidences, because Esk posted it himself earlier today.

But Jose approached us.

Now you can chew the fat all night as to why. But if the theory is that he did that to push the United board into a decision, well, the silence there is deafening.

I am not betraying any confidences, because Esk posted it himself earlier today.

But Jose approached us.

Now you can chew the fat all night as to why. But if the theory is that he did that to push the United board into a decision, well, the silence there is deafening.

Roydo just dropped the mic.

But Jose approached us.

:oops:

Did you listen to Radio Merseyside before? They said ' i liked the way they brought a manager from the lower leagues in Moyes and Martinez, they should be aiming for that again'.

Condescending nobhead that Paul Salt.

I want Jose. The more I think about the idea of him managing us the more I want him to. Please, Mr. Moshiri - if you can find room in your heart and wallet to accommodate an unemployed man from Portugal, please do so. Will work for trophies and derby wins.

Because I have superior knowledge that Everton are not in the position they were in even 2 years ago.
They've declined? Nah, I jest. But while we may financially be in a better position, I still think we're further from being a top club than we think.

I hope you're right and that I am wrong, but maybe I'm just being slightly cautious as we've been here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back