Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not betraying any confidences, because Esk posted it himself earlier today.

But Jose approached us.

Now you can chew the fat all night as to why. But if the theory is that he did that to push the United board into a decision, well, the silence there is deafening.

...I'll also toss in that he's come out today and said he expects to be in a job by July.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/12/jose-mourinho-management-june-manchester-united

José Mourinho is certain he will be managing a club within two months and says he will sign a new contract by 30 June.

I'm editing to stick this quote in cuz it made me smile

“I don’t know. I know nothing about it really,” Mourinho said, when asked about being hired by United. “I don’t have a club and I was waiting for these guys [the Fifa Legends] to win the match to give me a hand but because I lost the match [9-8] it’s even more difficult to get the club.”

I am not betraying any confidences, because Esk posted it himself earlier today.

But Jose approached us.

Now you can chew the fat all night as to why. But if the theory is that he did that to push the United board into a decision, well, the silence there is deafening.

So then, the time is perfect for us to go back to him and get the deal done.

No ridiculous demands, a sensible time-scale for improvement... A trophy, any trophy in three seasons based upon and in conjunction with improved league finishes and squad improvement and development... leading to a serious, serious tilt at the league title in years four and five... and then conquering Europe either via the EL or the CL.

They've declined? Nah, I jest. But while we may financially be in a better position, I still think we're further from being a top club than we think.

I hope you're right and that I am wrong, but maybe I'm just being slightly cautious as we've been here before.

You're out of luck then as Damo is never right

No, and you're a bitter fool if you've persuaded yourself otherwise just because he's with them now.
Exactly. Look what he's done with a squad full of nobodies.

We need to go big here.

Like shocking world football big, I know we are all praying for Jose but say it wasn't him, I can't see a name on the list that will rock the league, have them quaking in their boots? Therefore for me we go all out for Jose, give him £150m and see where we go. There's a proper football team in there, it just needs a proper football manager

Exactly. Look what he's done with a squad full of nobodies.

We need to go big here.

Like shocking world football big, I know we are all praying for Jose but say it wasn't him, I can't see a name on the list that will rock the league, have them quaking in their boots? Therefore for me we go all out for Jose, give him £150m and see where we go. There's a proper football team in there, it just needs a proper football manager

Pulis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back