Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call that the Kenwright effect, ambition went out the window the day he balls up Kings dock over his ego and dislike for Paul Gregg, thankfully he no longer appears to hold court.

Yes, please consign all the "plucky", "punching above our weight", "knife to a gunfight" boolarks to the scrapheap please. We're Everton, we've got Mosh with the Dosh. Dare to dream, think big!

Are we genuinely? To be crystal clear as I've stated previously on here, I would have José in a heartbeat as I think he's an exceptional manager.

However, I've got to agree with @Piranha that clubs like West Ham probably do currently have a greater attraction than our own. Why?

If you disregard our previous successes and look solely at the here and now then arguably they're in a much stronger and attractive position.

New sixty-thousand seater stadium? Check. Bumper deal that'll support future finances? Check. London location for players and José? Check.

They're arguably on the up as well with a developing squad, whereby we already know we need a major overhaul as mentioned in other squads.

Yes we've got the potential finances of our new owner, but that aside I think West Ham would be more enticing opportunity for many managers.

That's not easy for me to say and it just goes to show how much we've got to do compared to likes of WHU, however that's personally how I see it.

And @edge, with your regards to those lot and Klopp I'd say unfortunately their whole brand and world perception probably helped a lot there.

Unfortunately, we haven't got such a presence in Europe and around the world whereby we can attract the top, top players based on all that.

I would LOVE José and obviously we should examine every avenue to achieve his appointment, but I wouldn't be getting my hope us.

No matter how you dress it up.

You are wrong.

No matter how you dress it up.

You are wrong.
Why? Some may quaff at the idea but when removing the blue tinted glasses it's hard to justify that we're currently a more appealing prospect.

We all obviously look at it with our Everton sentiment and sometimes I think that clouds our judgements; that's natural but it can be misleading.

We are a great club... the club I love... and I would love José (hence why I said we should attempt it), but we're not in the finest of positions.

Why? Some may quaff at the idea but when removing the blue tinted glasses it's hard to justify that we're currently a more appealing prospect.

We all obviously look at it with our Everton sentiment and sometimes I think that clouds our judgements; that's natural but it can be misleading.

We are a great club... the club I love... and I would love José (hence why I said we should attempt it), but we're not in the finest of positions.

In your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back