Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else could they get? Could they get Simone?

.....in my racing paper yesterday a couple of the footy punters were suggesting Koeman was a more likely candidate than Mourinho. I really don't know, all I'm saying is that United might not necessarily want Mourinho. If there is no obvious candidate they might chose to keep LVG for 12 months.

Yep, recken he would be too scared to risk his reputation on our club
Don't understand this logic, as if he goes to United he'll be expected to deliver the title.

Therefore the pressure on him there would be infinitely higher than the pressure on him at Goodison, due to the level of expectation.

If he was a 'bottler' he'd take the job that provided him with the safest option. That ain't United mate.

Mourinho ain't got the Balls to take on the Everton ride.

That's my main thinking against his coming too...it's a massive challenge and failing could really set back his reputation. He's not guaranteed top 4 nevermind trophies, he'll have to really work for it. He's done it with Porto and Chelsea MK1, tho' the latter's finances at the time hugely outranked anyone else.

He did say a few years ago that he'd manage Spurs or Everton back when both clubs were regularly finishing best-of-the-rest in 5th/6th, and we were skint too.

So here's hoping this long break he's had has reignited some fire in his belly!

Don't understand this logic, as if he goes to United he'll be expected to deliver the title.

Therefore the pressure on him there would be infinitely higher than the pressure on him at Goodison, due to the level of expectation.

If he was a 'bottler' he'd take the job that provided him with the safest option. That ain't United mate.

Got to agree. All he's got to do is sign a contract with us to have the fans creaming themselves, myself included! At United the pressure is on immediately to deliver the title plus go all the way in Europe.

I don't think Mourinho's stock is particularly high right now anyway. Dumped by Chelsea, been out since then, no firm offers from anyone and it seems we're the first club to show a proper interest. Perhaps his time at the very top is over, and he has to consider a club like us. And perhaps he might see that as a real point to prove - that he's not a spent force and can get a 2nd/3rd tier club like ours to the top.

That's my main thinking against his coming too...it's a massive challenge and failing could really set back his reputation. He's not guaranteed top 4 nevermind trophies, he'll have to really work for it. He's done it with Porto and Chelsea MK1, tho' the latter's finances at the time hugely outranked anyone else.

He did say a few years ago that he'd manage Spurs or Everton back when both clubs were regularly finishing best-of-the-rest in 5th/6th, and we were skint too.

So here's hoping this long break he's had has reignited some fire in his belly!

He was probably hating on Liverpool when he said that, he really can't stand them and he felt the need to snipe at them in the way he knew best, I wouldn't read anything into that to be honest.

I don't think Mourinho's stock is particularly high right now anyway. Dumped by Chelsea, been out since then, no firm offers from anyone and it seems we're the first club to show a proper interest. Perhaps his time at the very top is over, and he has to consider a club like us. And perhaps he might see that as a real point to prove - that he's not a spent force and can get a 2nd/3rd tier club like ours to the top.

Nah, he's won what, two or three European cups and league titles all over the show. He even won our league last year. It's just other than United none of the seriously top clubs will be looking for a manager this summer as they have already sorted alternatives or sticking with what they have.

He'll be in high demand his entire career.

Nah, he's won what, two or three European cups and league titles all over the show. He even won our league last year. It's just other than United none of the seriously top clubs will be looking for a manager this summer as they have already sorted alternatives or sticking with what they have.

He'll be in high demand his entire career.

He has an insane record, even when taking into account he's been with the biggest clubs with huge budgets. To be fair his net-spend at Inter wasn't even that grand.

Don't think he's ever finished outside the top 3? And champions in 4 different leagues, 3 of them major.

I believe It's all been decided with regards Utd, the fans want rid of LVG just depends how much influence the detractors have. No harm in wanting the best though.

Whether Mourinho is up for a rebuild is what my stumbling block is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back