Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, my point is that, over 20 years I cant actually think of one come through at Chelsea. Even Lampard and Terry moved there from West Ham. Mourinho has spent 6 years there over those 20 years....

Which club has he been at to actually give the youth a chance?

Even with Lukaku, he brought him in, he just felt he wasn't at the level he required of him yet, s he loaned him out. It is common knowledge that he didn't want to get rid of hi, but having spoke to Lukaku he understood his reasons. That is also why Lukaku would play for Mourinho again, and the still speak regularly.

Mourinho's level of expectation is that of a winner, he wants people in his squad who match those expectations and he'e not one to make do with a squad filler, or somebody who can 'do a job'. Its why he has god knows how many more medals to his name than Everton in the last 20 years.

Now, as it goes, I'm not a massive fan of Mourinho, it's not some body who, for the man he is, I would massively push for as my manager. However, just having the football world see him having interest in us, will make them have further interest in us. It's a massive statement of intent as to where we want to be, and will attract players to us that before hand may have thought twice.

The reason he did not play the kids was because he had a owner who has put the thick end of 2 billion into Chelsea and he (A) wants to see his stars play and (b) wants immediate success, both of which will not be the problem at efc.

Remember when you were at school and you really, really fancied this gorgeous girl. The problem was, she didn't even know you existed. Then, one of her mates said that she wanted to borrow your pencil so you thought, then, that you could be in with a really big chance and you got all excited. But in the end she f****d off with the best looking lad in your class.

Terrible that a couple of days later a fella in a balaclava broke both his legs with a baseball bat. :coffee:

Everyone realise if he signs and it doesn't work out. We'll not be able to afford to sack him. He'll be on mega bucks. Just a thought.

What a problem to have...

If this is happening, it will be down to how Moshiri sells it to him.

I just think that Jose's ego will win out and he'll hold out for a big name rather than risk his reputation on doing something special with us.

What a problem to have...

If this is happening, it will be down to how Moshiri sells it to him.

I just think that Jose's ego will win out and he'll hold out for a big name rather than risk his reputation on doing something special with us.

With Joe Anderson saying we will have a new stadium built in 3 years, Moshiri will be letting Mourinho know about that and his vision and aims for the club.

If it doesn't happen at United i think there is more than a small chance he will come to us

I'm not thinking what if he fails. I really don't think he is the right fit for Everton. Don't forget, he got wasn't exactly great this season at Chelsea. Yes won the League last season, but the team hit its ceiling and nose dived after that. All I'm saying is there are no guarantees of success, just because he is the Special One as he calls himself.

Remember when you were at school and you really, really fancied this gorgeous girl. The problem was, she didn't even know you existed. Then, one of her mates said that she wanted to borrow your pencil so you thought, then, that you could be in with a really big chance and you got all excited. But in the end she f****d off with the best looking lad in your class.

Unfortunately I went to an all boy school.

Darned Catholic education :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back