Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what Sky Sports want to report there has been considerable contact between both parties.

Whether that ends up with Jose here or not is to a large extent outside our control. However we are making best efforts - it does not suit either party though to be precise in releasing information given both parties have alternative options.

The process for all parties continues.
I believe it suits José's agenda to publicise our interest. His presumed objective is to secure appointment at Utd from a dithering board. It's to his advantage to use our interest to exert pressure on that board which makes me suspect the source of The Times story.
Today's stories denying our approach come from inside EFC I'd imagine as an attempt at damage limitation in regards to our pursuit of our supposed number one target Koeman.

Bugger. That seems a good fit.

Who goes to Zenit?

Nah a lot will depend on the last week of the season mate here, they have been chasing 'BIG' names since AVB made his announcement and one by one they have seen them go elsewhere, if they actually miss out on the CL then they are screwed really as thats the big draw for getting a coach their - alredy lost the title this week, else they will just end up with one going for the money alone

on positive news though My man Dzagoev just won the league with CSKA and should be a massive boost to the Russian national team as the CSKA head coach is also the National manager nowadays and the core of the squad comes from CSKA!

They Mourinho-youth thing is like the Mourinho-boring/negative football shout, which is one of the biggest myths in football.

Think back to the beginning of 14/15. Mourinho's Chelsea were absolutely rocketing teams week in week out. Once they'd built up a big lead in the league he dialled it back (especially in crunch games) because denying rivals 3pts (eg with a draw) was more important than getting 3 themselves.

i.e He does what's necessary.
Mentioned this for a while. He's an adaptive manager who knows how to win! If they need flamboyance then that's what his team will produce.

On the other hand, if they need to simply grind out a result to achieve their goal then equally that's how his team will end up playing.

Hope so. I just saw that Sky Sports reported it not to be true and some seem to be going along with that.

Darn, I'm getting a little too excited over the thought of this actually happening.

I guess sky are correct in that Everton haven't contacted Mourinho - it was the other way around. :)

edited to say this all comes from our TheEsk. None of us mere mortals know anything.

Not happy with this to be honest. Shut up or swallow it Jose. I only care about Everton, and it can't be doing us any good sitting on our thumb hoping somebody might say yes as a last resort.

We'd be idiots to be in denial that United are a less lucrative option.
It's like not waiting and seeing whether an attractive girl is into you because other guys are attracted to her.
We have other targets as well, let's not forget, it's s bit swings and roundabouts at this stage.
I know what you're saying, but we'd be very naive to expect a free agent to only be interested in us and not be looking around for the best offer ... Especially when it's someone of his calibre

I believe it suits José's agenda to publicise our interest. His presumed objective is to secure appointment at Utd from a dithering board. It's to his advantage to use our interest to exert pressure on that board which makes me suspect the source of The Times story.
Today's stories denying our approach come from inside EFC I'd imagine as an attempt at damage limitation in regards to our pursuit of our supposed number one target Koeman.
As much as I'd love mourinho as our manager, I agree it does look like it there has been an agenda through mourinho's representatives to use our interest to instigate a move to Utd.

Why anybody takes any notice of what Sky Sports says I'll never know. FFS they've got Sky Bet that makes them silly money. Ever thought the two might be linked? Plus it's owned by that horrible Murdoch creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back