Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANY manager who doesn't do exactly that has to be questioned mate, we have just came from one manager who put his phillosophy over results, right now i want a manager who regards winning as the most important thing and anything above that - style, developing the academy lads into the team as a bonus
They Mourinho-youth thing is like the Mourinho-boring/negative football shout, which is one of the biggest myths in football.

Think back to the beginning of 14/15. Mourinho's Chelsea were absolutely rocketing teams week in week out. Once they'd built up a big lead in the league he dialled it back (especially in crunch games) because denying rivals 3pts (eg with a draw) was more important than getting 3 themselves.

i.e He does what's necessary.

They Mourinho-youth thing is like the Mourinho-boring/negative football shout, which is one of the biggest myths in football.

Think back to the beginning of 14/15. Mourinho's Chelsea were absolutely rocketing teams week in week out. Once they'd built up a big lead in the league he dialled it back (especially in crunch games) because denying rivals 3pts (eg with a draw) was more important than getting 3 themselves.

i.e He does what's necessary.

Aye it is called being an intelligent manager who knows how to win really

Remember the super exciting United teams of Fergsuosn go through periods that they simply ground out results playing tactically too, hell we did it in the 80's when we needed too as well.

Simeone is another cut from that same cloth as well

In the last 20 years, how many players have Chelsea nurtured through their youth the squads into the first team?
Lot of press reports saying that this is the preferred option of the Man U hierarchy.

There would appear to be strong opposition to Mourinho from some big hitters there.
The opposition inside ManU is from Bobby Charlton largely. He doesn't want Mourinho anywhere near the club. Ferguson's major concern seems to be with his popularity at OT, he hates the idea of someone calling the shots who if needed would tell him to F off, which is why they are afraid of Jose. My brother supports ManU has been home and away with them since the 70's he knows a few people within the club, players, ex players, training staff etc.... Ferguson and Charlton have too much influence at OT. It's a bit like Star Wars the Dark side are calling the shots.

cheers chap!

Now go find a Saints fan in work and mock them about stealing their manager - but be sure to tell them that he is actually not really the one we want but just our sloppy seconds choice

It's incredibly rare to come across Southampton fans

The opposition inside ManU is from Bobby Charlton largely. He doesn't want Mourinho anywhere near the club. Ferguson's major concern seems to be with his popularity at OT, he hates the idea of someone calling the shots who if needed would tell him to F off, which is why they are afraid of Jose. My brother supports ManU has been home and away with them since the 70's he knows a few people within the club, players, ex players, training staff etc.... Ferguson and Charlton have too much influence at OT. It's a bit like Star Wars the Dark side are calling the shots.
For what I've read whilst Ferguson respects Mourinho's ability, he doesn't particularly like him. Which surprised me as I always thought Ferguson and Jose were pals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back