Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting trivia question though - the youngest average age of any team to ever win the premier league was ... the 2005 Chelsea team - under Mourinho, spurs would have beaten it had they won it this season, but well they failed in the end.

One of those stats that really undermines anyone thinking that Mourinho has an aversion to trusting younger players really
Personally I think it's just a function of the club's he's been at.

He'll use the players he feels can best help him win games.

With the club's he's been at, they've either had not much quality coming through the youth system, or they've had better players (or access to better players) than those youth products that were available.

Agreed, my point is that, over 20 years I cant actually think of one come through at Chelsea. Even Lampard and Terry moved there from West Ham. Mourinho has spent 6 years there over those 20 years....

Which club has he been at to actually give the youth a chance?

Even with Lukaku, he brought him in, he just felt he wasn't at the level he required of him yet, s he loaned him out. It is common knowledge that he didn't want to get rid of hi, but having spoke to Lukaku he understood his reasons. That is also why Lukaku would play for Mourinho again, and the still speak regularly.

Mourinho's level of expectation is that of a winner, he wants people in his squad who match those expectations and he'e not one to make do with a squad filler, or somebody who can 'do a job'. Its why he has god knows how many more medals to his name than Everton in the last 20 years.

Now, as it goes, I'm not a massive fan of Mourinho, it's not some body who, for the man he is, I would massively push for as my manager. However, just having the football world see him having interest in us, will make them have further interest in us. It's a massive statement of intent as to where we want to be, and will attract players to us that before hand may have thought twice.

AVB bought Lukaku mate and played him a few times in the first season as well

If that is true it is indeed very interesting.

However it doesn't change my view that Mourinho sees his job as winning matches rather than developing players.

Very rarely do you see him play anyone who isn't the finished article.

What do you think he would have done with Stones when he was making his littany of errors earlier in the season?

My guess is that he would have been dropped and not selected again until the penny had dropped and he cut out the unforced errors
Would that have been such a bad thing?

Absolutely not. Martinez indulged Stones like a spoilt child
Ah ok. Thought you were coming at it from the point of view of "he needed to play to learn".

For his own good Stones needed a period out of the side way earlier. Being left in led to every man and his dog hyper-analysing every tiny mistake he made, and even blaming him for a load of goals that weren't really his fault.

Never knew that about Terry.

Either way, I don't care whether it's our youth lads, multi million boss signings or a mix of the two, as long as we win.

It's like Hibbert and Osman mate, would i have rather spent the last 15 years watching Lahm and Lampard - ofc i would have, regardless of the first two being homegrown lads they where both not good enough for where i want to see Everton.

IF we have a bright new future and are aiming to be the best then it will mean should we get their that the young lads who do break through are something special

Ah ok. Thought you were coming at it from the point of view of "he needed to play to learn".

For his own good Stones needed a period out of the side way earlier. Being left in led to every man and his dog hyper-analysing every tiny mistake he made, and even blaming him for a load of goals that weren't really his fault.

Stones wouldn't have made anywhere near the mistakes he made this season had he been coached by Mourinho, can guarantee that

It's like Hibbert and Osman mate, would i have rather spent the last 15 years watching Lahm and Lampard - ofc i would have, regardless of the first two being homegrown lads they where both not good enough for where i want to see Everton.

IF we have a bright new future and are aiming to be the best then it will mean should we get their that the young lads who do break through are something special

Well yeah of course.

But if we get Mourinho and he wins us something by not using them I really wouldn't mind. Not even a little bit.

Personally I think it's just a function of the club's he's been at.

He'll use the players he feels can best help him win games.

With the club's he's been at, they've either had not much quality coming through the youth system, or they've had better players (or access to better players) than those youth products that were available.

ANY manager who doesn't do exactly that has to be questioned mate, we have just came from one manager who put his phillosophy over results, right now i want a manager who regards winning as the most important thing and anything above that - style, developing the academy lads into the team as a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back