Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see these Everton fans, no ambition, like the board.

If this Iranian has got the dough they say he has, we want fing Mourinho.

I want him right now to rock up at finch farm, tell us he's a bottle of wine or whatever and win us the league. Only it's not going to happen! Mourinho wants better than us. We might have money etc but we need someone who's willing to come to us and he doesn't fit the bill. I have ambition, loads of it but with different people in mind. I hope to god I am wrong and end up looking like a dilbert.

View attachment 23116

What does that even mean?

IF?!
I am looking at this and asking what is Skysports game?

Would sky want Mourinho at Everton? The Press have supposedly known that Mourinho or his advisors have spoken to Everton and they are thinking this can't happen lets go all out and make sure he doesn't go to Everton as they have been selling the story he is off to Utd.

This would catapult Everton up the commercial league and it wouldn't suit say Sky and others who I would imagine have there own commercial interests that would be tied to a team like Utd having someone like Mourinho.

Could play nicely into our hands.

Sky Sports are desperate for Mourinho to go to Man Utd...

The British media are desperate for it to happen.

In just the last 7 days

• Everton approach Mourinho
  • PSG and Mourinho are in talks
  • David De Gea will leave if LVG stays and isn't replaced by Mourinho

This has been on the agenda for a while now, so that coupled with the disrespectful way a we are discussed (written or broadcast) would only make it sweeter should we ever land him.

Our own fans fans putting our club down don't do us any favours mind.

Everton aren't we???

I want him right now to rock up at finch farm, tell us he's a bottle of wine or whatever and win us the league. Only it's not going to happen! Mourinho wants better than us. We might have money etc but we need someone who's willing to come to us and he doesn't fit the bill. I have ambition, loads of it but with different people in mind. I hope to god I am wrong and end up looking like a dilbert.

Every single sane Everton fan realises that Jose wants to manage Manchester United or certainly a club of that calibre, a club with a great stadium who pays top wages for top players. But IF, IF United dont want him, where else does he go?

We are a club on the back of 2 11th place finishes, we havent won a single pot for 21 years, on the global stage of football we arent even backing singers, we are stage hands.

BUT

We have a new fella in charge, yes he doesnt have money to burn like City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal or even the vermin across the park, but from the outside it looks like hes willing to throw a bit of coin our way, "build" us a new stadium, invest in the playing staff and grow the club off the park and on. Could that appeal to Jose? A fresh canvas, a squad rammed full of potential, International players with a hefty chunk of TV money and a little bit from the owner? Probably not, but if you dont ask, you dont get, we have asked.

If United retain LVG, where does that leave Jose?

Hopefully the answer is here.

I hope the lights in people's heads are starting to switch on. Mourinho isn't coming. We can charm him as much as we want but he has his eyes on a bigger prize. Emulating Sir Alex and winning more European cups. Watch his interview after the Southampton game as Chelsea manager, he goes on to say that he's the best coach they are ever going to have and that no others are at his level. If he thinks he's too good for anyone whilst the manager of the champions I seriously doubt he's got Everton in his plans at this moment in time. He will want to fry bigger fish. It's as simple as that. Not what we could be but what we are right now.
The kenwright/moyes days are over aim high ffs

....Monaco. I misheard.
He may be going to be guests of a certain monoco resident who may or may not be looking for someone who may or may not have the ego and experience of someone who may be or may not be like Mourinho. Taps nose. I could do this journalism as well.

He may be going to be guests of a certain monoco resident who may or may not be looking for someone who may or may not have the ego and experience of someone who may be or may not be like Mourinho. Taps nose. I could do this journalism as well.

Hes going to Montreal to watch the Grand Prix.

Mourinho insists he has no deal in place to join any club next season and will instead head to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix in June.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...has-not-reached-a-deal-with-any-a7033391.html

Don't see why we cannot attract Mourinho,when he went to Chelsea they had 1 title to their name and a few domestic cups.

We are so much a bigger club than Chelsea were in 2004,and we have the guy to back him to the hilt with money.

Go on who?who do you want?who are we getting as you seem to know who we're not getting

Interesting - we should all be excited, it's going to be a summer like none before :)

He responded to a United fan in the comments.

He might not have realised that it was a United fan, however. Anyone any idea if Don is a blue or a red?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-17-18-48-37.webp
    Screenshot_2016-05-17-18-48-37.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 201
All the shouts of "fans have no ambition" just because they think we wont get him. It's called living in the real world. He wont come here it's plain and simple. I don't want him anyway but not because I have no ambition I just don't think he's right for us and would drop us as soon as a bigger club contacted his agent.

If I thought he would come and stay with us and build a legacy I'd be wetting myself for him but he wont, even if he did it would be short term. People shouldn't sell the club to a manager who'll use us as a toy then drop us in the persuit of one or two trophies only to leave a massive void.

It's nothing to do with lacking ambition it's just having a different opinion.

If Moshiri and Co. have any sense they'll knock this whole Mourinho nonsense on the head, sooner the better. Can't believe I fell for it, despite all logic suggesting otherwise.

Koeman appears the No.1 target so they should concentrate on getting him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back