Match Thread Carabao Cup: Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
have just seen the goals conceded on sky sports
How Keane Mina And Holgate made it as professional footballers I never know just pathetic defending

Hope Keane and Mina are sold in January
Yeah but the question is how did they make the starting 11 ahead of our two best players this season.

We win that game easy with Coady and Tarko, no doubt about it

I forgot we were even playing tonight. Still not as embarrassing as that result though. Don’t want to hear about changes. Bournemouth were effectively playing a changed team as well.
I still wonder was our starting 11 good enough to beat that Bournemouth side, because if it was that's a massive nail in Frank's coffin he wasn't able to get a tune from them.
Or was it the changes? Either way it's on him

Yeah but the question is how did they make the starting 11 ahead of our two best players this season.

We win that game easy with Coady and Tarko, no doubt about it
Because he wanted to rest coady and tarkowski for Saturday and thought Mina and Keane would step up and do a job this needs major surgery to the squad

Whilst I agree with the break looming we should have went full strength, I’m not having that our youngsters are worse than those crabs.

Sadly, Franks doing what every other manager we have had does - pick the same old [Poor language removed] over and over again, expecting them to become footballers all of a sudden. Has never happened previously and won’t for him - they are finished and should be tossed in the bin.

What’s the point of youth players if you never play them?
Probably because they are not good enough, if a youth player is good enough they eventually break into the team, if there not then they end up leaving and going into lower leagues (what a lot of ours do)

Managers won't just ignore kids if they are clearly better than other players.

Lampard has a fundamental misunderstanding of how football works. If u cannot transition from defence into midfield, how can u possibly formulate an attack? This club is on a collision course with relegation, deserved and overdue. We are making excuses and blaming bad luck. 4-1 is neither, it's incompetence and it will see us withe best ground in the championship.

Lampard has a fundamental misunderstanding of how football works. If u cannot transition from defence into midfield, how can u possibly formulate an attack? This club is on a collision course with relegation, deserved and overdue. We are making excuses and blaming bad luck. 4-1 is neither, it's incompetence and it will see us withe best ground in the championship.
Do we get a trophy?

4.16am just walked in. Left here at 11.30am yesterday. Absolutely disgusting team selection by the manager, disgusting performance by the players. I don’t post often at all on this forum but Keane and Davies should never play for our club again.

Let me make some points

1. If the manager is going to change a full 11 - have the decency to be honest in the press conference and let the travelling fans no, so we can lower our expectations

2. If we don’t want to attempt to win this trophy, apply next season not to enter! We played a stronger team at Fleetwood and then threw the game tonight. Where is the sense in that for the fans

3. The team go to Australia next week and will play a stronger team in two meaningless friendlies than a national competition tonight
Read that again and let that sink in

4, Conor Coady cannot play on Boxing Day, meaning after Saturday he cannot play for us until NYE. Does he need a rest?

5. Coady and Tarks statistically have not missed a game for wolves and Burnley for years, they don’t get injured or suspended, so they need a rest?

6. We hardly have a player going to the World Cup. We have 6 weeks off, do these players need a rest ?

7. If we were playing a CL game tonight or had drawn say Liverpool would we have made 11 changes, no we wouldn’t so why did we tonight ?

8. On the basis we play 4-3-3 in the league why did we change formation tonight to 5-3-2. How is this meant to help the players coming in

Basically we got 11 strangers together, threw them on the pitch with a formation we don’t play and let them get wet. Sunday football league stuff this

Thanks very much Everton. Two days off work. £200 and 16 hours to get soaked and knocked out. It may mean nothing to you lot as club - but it does to some of us fans

27 years. Thanks very very much

Woke up in cold sweats thinking I was going bald and that we lost 4-1 to Bournemouth ? Tell you what, Michael Keane would've have buried that. He's dead in defence just stick him up top. Seriously campaigning for this now. Can finish, should be decent in the air and closest we've got to playing Dom.

1667969574325.png

4.16am just walked in. Left here at 11.30am yesterday. Absolutely disgusting team selection by the manager, disgusting performance by the players. I don’t post often at all on this forum but Keane and Davies should never play for our club again.

Let me make some points

1. If the manager is going to change a full 11 - have the decency to be honest in the press conference and let the travelling fans no, so we can lower our expectations

2. If we don’t want to attempt to win this trophy, apply next season not to enter! We played a stronger team at Fleetwood and then threw the game tonight. Where is the sense in that for the fans

3. The team go to Australia next week and will play a stronger team in two meaningless friendlies than a national competition tonight
Read that again and let that sink in

4, Conor Coady cannot play on Boxing Day, meaning after Saturday he cannot play for us until NYE. Does he need a rest?

5. Coady and Tarks statistically have not missed a game for wolves and Burnley for years, they don’t get injured or suspended, so they need a rest?

6. We hardly have a player going to the World Cup. We have 6 weeks off, do these players need a rest ?

7. If we were playing a CL game tonight or had drawn say Liverpool would we have made 11 changes, no we wouldn’t so why did we tonight ?

8. On the basis we play 4-3-3 in the league why did we change formation tonight to 5-3-2. How is this meant to help the players coming in

Basically we got 11 strangers together, threw them on the pitch with a formation we don’t play and let them get wet. Sunday football league stuff this

Thanks very much Everton. Two days off work. £200 and 16 hours to get soaked and knocked out. It may mean nothing to you lot as club - but it does to some of us fans

27 years. Thanks very very much
First off, sorry you had to witness that coming in now as well. Not easy being a fan. Agree with all your points. I do think Keane has a future at the club but only if we stick him up top. Hope this team can repay a smidgen of your support on Saturday with a win. Don't think we can be as bad as last night.

Woke up in cold sweats thinking I was going bald and that we lost 4-1 to Bournemouth ? Tell you what, Michael Keane would've have buried that. He's dead in defence just stick him up top. Seriously campaigning for this now. Can finish, should be decent in the air and closest we've got to playing Dom.

View attachment 190117
Can't be any worse than our "strikers" and definitely dead in defence.

Just watched the lowlights and the number of times he just stood watching Bournemouth players walk past him and take shot at goals without even trying to block the shot was astounding.

Keane, Davies, Mina are truely the trifecta of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.