Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a few of them know that they may not be part of his long term plans and are justifying the reason why they shouldn't be....

Simply put - we have too many employees and not enough players..... By employees I'm looking at Gomes, Gylfi, Delph, Iwobi and probably more than that who don't have the right mindset to be part of a side who looks to win every game.... They are here cos they are paid a wage.

Show me 11 Ben Godfrey's and I'll show you a team that will win alot of games. Not because they are the best but because they try their best and don't accept anything less.
Now that’s a thought...which clone 11 out of our squad would win more games...

I reckon the Ben Godfrey 11 would be in with a shout, would dread to think how a Bernard 11 would get on defending set pieces...

Crikey it’s been a long year....

Something that has been troubling me since the Burnley game, in the post match interview CA said the performance was good! I don`t know about you lot but a good performance doesn`t constitute what was served up in that game. He has also made this remark in other games where it was far from a good performance.

Now if the players feel that the performance against Burnley is acceptable by CA we are in trouble....

Something that has been troubling me since the Burnley game, in the post match interview CA said the performance was good! I don`t know about you lot but a good performance doesn`t constitute what was served up in that game. He has also made this remark in other games where it was far from a good performance.

Now if the players feel that the performance against Burnley is acceptable by CA we are in trouble....
He really didn't.

"We had a bad start, we made mistakes and were punished," Everton boss Ancelotti told BBC Sport. "After that it was difficult to get back in the game because we didn't show the quality that was necessary.

"It's a big disappointment but we don't have to give up. There are still 10 games in the Premier League and we have to fight until the end. It's difficult to explain [our home record], but of course it's not good enough. We've got a lot of points away and that's a reason we're still in the fight [for Europe], but we have to do better at home."

I think it would help if we forgot what Carlo has done in the past as a manager, what counts is what he achieves here as Everton’s manager.

I'm not sure you would follow that principle if we hired Alan Pardew, Paul Ince or Tony Adams.

His c.v shows he knows how to manage top level players. As a club we aspire to have top level players so why wouldn't we have someone with his track record.

Now that’s a thought...which clone 11 out of our squad would win more games...

I reckon the Ben Godfrey 11 would be in with a shout, would dread to think how a Bernard 11 would get on defending set pieces...

Crikey it’s been a long year....
Godfrey, Richarlison, DCL, James.

I'd go Godfrey. Purely on an all round athlete, footballer, mentality perspective

He really didn't.

"We had a bad start, we made mistakes and were punished," Everton boss Ancelotti told BBC Sport. "After that it was difficult to get back in the game because we didn't show the quality that was necessary.

"It's a big disappointment but we don't have to give up. There are still 10 games in the Premier League and we have to fight until the end. It's difficult to explain [our home record], but of course it's not good enough. We've got a lot of points away and that's a reason we're still in the fight [for Europe], but we have to do better at home."

What does he say here at the start? No, another good performance?

He says not a good performance lol

Need to turn your volume up mate FFS lol

Making things up to suit an agenda is quite ridiculous. He’s not Martinez he calls it as it is, when we play crap he calls it what it is.

No he definitely says it wasn't good. I saw a couple of interviews Carlo did after the match and he wasn't happy. In fact I thought he showed his frustration more than he usually does. He normally gives very little away.

0 points from Leeds the geordies Fulham and Burnley at home. As much as i trust in the Don Carlo to sort us out, that statistic is pretty effing disgraceful tbh, and should rightly be criticised. I get that this team is not the finished article, but you would expect a world class manager, to get at least three wins from those fixtures. There was a great chance for the top 4 this season but it looks like we've blown it, and really the squad should have been strengthened in January. Why does this club, always waste the opportunities that are presented to it?

0 points from Leeds the geordies Fulham and Burnley at home. As much as i trust in the Don Carlo to sort us out, that statistic is pretty effing disgraceful tbh, and should rightly be criticised. I get that this team is not the finished article, but you would expect a world class manager, to get at least three wins from those fixtures. There was a great chance for the top 4 this season but it looks like we've blown it, and really the squad should have been strengthened in January. Why does this club, always waste the opportunities that are presented to it?

I agree, Newcastle have 7 wins this season from their 28 games. 2 are against us, in the Goodison game we couldnt get anywhere near them. We made them look like prime Barcelona, same with Fulham they beat us without breaking sweat.

I dont buy the fans theory, it is the same for everyone....

I'm not sure you would follow that principle if we hired Alan Pardew, Paul Ince or Tony Adams.

His c.v shows he knows how to manage top level players. As a club we aspire to have top level players so why wouldn't we have someone with his track record.
Well we rate players, top notch and average, on their performances, a lot have done well, a lot haven’t performed for Everton as they had for other clubs, what they did for their previous clubs had no bearing on what they did for Everton. Same with Carlo, there is absolutely no guarantee what he did with other clubs he will do for Everton, I’m not against him, I’m waiting to to see how he gets the club performing here, he needs time and time will tell whether he has done well here or not, I’m not patting him on the back or kicking his backside.

We said that last year and the ones who let us down consistently then are getting more games than the ones we brought in.

I'm assuming you mean Gylfi and Gomes. To be honest they are only used if Allan and Doucoure were out and the inability of Tom to be used in an attacking formation means they have to be.

I think Gomes will be sold, Gylfi a bench option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back