Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It look Klopp 1 full season to reach top 4. A second season to reach it again whilst also reaching a champions league final. Third season they finish 2nd and win the champions league. The 4th full season they win the league.
Yep, and they had a better team than ours before the guy even got to work.

I could, if I deemed it necessary, utilise a more sophisticated description of the shenanigans in here.

Something like "there's a number of people displaying significant levels of angst. Way beyond anything sensible for a game of sport".

But bedwetting does seem quite apposite, doesn't one think?

One doesn’t think, this one thinks you’re trying to fit in online, a place where you can be yourself.

Try it, it’s exhilarating to have your own opinions.

One doesn’t think, this one thinks you’re trying to fit in online, a place where you can be yourself.

Try it, it’s exhilarating to have your own opinions.
I doubt anyone truly has their own opinion. We are all influenced by context and social milieu.

You certainly don't as you are expousibg a similar tune about Ancelotti as several other posters. Nothing unique about you, good sir! You share an opinion or viewpointwith others, same as I do.

Fresh nappy sir?

6D52713F-6961-49A0-8372-B303D49B498C.webp
That side hammers Palace and Brighton.

What were peoples hopes for Everton at the beginning of the season? Did anybody genuinely believe that we had the squad for a top 6 challenge?? Please tell me no! Take away digne, richarlison and maybe dcl, we had a squad before ancelotti came in that wasn’t far away from being relegation material. We brought in 4 players, 4 good buys, but it was always gonna be the case that Allan and James may struggle with the number of games and the intensity, just in terms of soft tissue injuries etc. Doucoure has done what was expected and Godfrey has been a bonus in how quickly he has developed. That still means out of a squad of 22/23 we have 7 genuinely good or above players and 15/16 who would be placed at average to poor on the ability continuum! Taking all that into account my hopes in September was to see us finish top 10 and an increase in the points tally. Hopefully that will be the case come May. The worst thing to happen was the 5 game unbeaten start, allied to the fact we had the likes of James and that Carlo was making slight improvements to individual players like Keane and Davies (slight being the operative word as you can’t polish a turd) as many blues got carried away. When we talk about the terrible record at home and some poor performances like yesterday, this shouldn’t be a shock when you consider that for most of those games it was almost the same team as last year with Allan and James missing from many of them. Personally I have always looked at the 2022/23 season as the one to get enthused about and the one that we should not only be challenging for top 6 but also top 4! At that point, if the number of signings made last summer are anything to go by, you would think that we will have around 12/13 signings made while Ancelotti has been at the club. Add in digne, richarlison and dcl we should have 16/17 good players.

Case in point, the performances at the start when we had everyone fit....
No coincidence performances started to drop when our main men were missing.

True. Very true.

But some seem to think that Davide chases round the training pitches, machete in hand, hobbling our players while Carlo sips the blood of an U23 player laughing evilly. Nothing as simple as a crushing injury crisis for them.

View attachment 123921That side hammers Palace and Brighton.
Does it though? I mean 10 of that starting 11 were available for the 2-0 home defeat to Newcastle for example (9 started, Gomes wasn't picked but came on as a sub, only Allan was missing). That was a game literally plucked out at random so i'm sure there are others where 9 or 10 of that team are out there, We need to stop pretending these performances have only started to happen in the last couple of weeks when the injuries have mounted up, they haven't.

Axed due to poor football yes, but we were probably as high as 50/50 for relegation when he arrived and got us to a place which we have not improved on since.
We have the fewest shots in the league with Allardyce and he was comfortable with that. That's before getting onto passing accuracy or possession.

Allardyce did a job (took us from 13th but spiralling down) and put us on an even keel as required, so credit where credit is due in that regards - he steadied it.

But our best manager since Moyes? There was no vision, long-term plan either in terms of silverware or succession of a style of play; it was blunt throughout.

Imagine Fat Sam with the amount of injuries we've got now and do you think we'd be where we are? Would we have been if he'd been here all season?

We have the fewest shots in the league with Allardyce and he was comfortable with that. That's before getting onto passing accuracy or possession.

Allardyce did a job (took us from 13th but spiralling down) and put us on an even keel as required, so credit where credit is due in that regards - he steadied it.

But our best manager since Moyes? There was no vision, long-term plan either in terms of silverware or succession of a style of play; it was blunt throughout.
Big Sam did a cracking job IMO.

But no club will kick on with Big Sam at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back