Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We clearly weren't as bad as that, but it was a legitimate concern for some.

I think we'll add again to CM. I think Ancelloti will want a RB, CM (maybe 2) and CB - an an established CB who can dominate and play out from defence.

If the rumours are to be believed that could be Koulibaly and Aarons. Who would both improve us.
Koulibaly and Aarons with presumably one of Keane or Mina out takes us from the 7th best squad at best to maybe 6th? And for the best part of 60m at best. Throw in Koulibaly being 30 before he plays a game and I don't like it much.

If we are putting it down as "Carlo's signings," and I'm not as Brands is involved, I'm not hugely encouraged on that front either.

Every player is like Straq.

Ok.

FFS, I cant believe some arre turnig tnheir nose up at Bilesa. Incredible arrognace form fans of a club that haven't won a carrot for 26 years.

The football and performances would be something to swoon over. Bielsa with £300M like Koeman got. Imagine.

Our players would not bust a gut running around for every ball. We have employed mercenaries on very good wages that don't expect to work harder than they need to. We would fall apart under Bilesa. It's also far easy to play when there is little expectation, we have put in top 4 money so we expect top 4 performances. Top players thrive on pressure, ours wilt.

Doesn't matter who we have in charge we are not going to be playing decent stuff until we have been fully purged of these types.

Koulibaly and Aarons with presumably one of Keane or Mina out takes us from the 7th best squad at best to maybe 6th? And for the best part of 60m at best. Throw in Koulibaly being 30 before he plays a game and I don't like it much.

If we are putting it down as "Carlo's signings," and I'm not as Brands is involved, I'm not hugely encouraged on that front either.
60m is peanuts in the current transfer climate. I think we'd keep Mina and Keane too. I have no idea where this 'if we bring 1 in we must sell someone' idea comes from. If we want to compete with the top teams we need more than a starting XI

"The Olympics were are bit of a joke really, imagine me starting full international games at any other tournament, with Stuart Pearce as manager" Marvin Sordell.
Never heard of him.

You're being very parochial. There might be a downgrading of the Olympics football tournament in this country, but it is highly valued elsewhere.

When Andy Murray won the Olympic tennis title suddenly it was a major event here. The same would happen if a united GB tea won the football gold.

Our players would not bust a gut running around for every ball. We have employed mercenaries on very good wages that don't expect to work harder than they need to. We would fall apart under Bilesa. It's also far easy to play when there is little expectation, we have put in top 4 money so we expect top 4 performances. Top players thrive on pressure, ours wilt.

Doesn't matter who we have in charge we are not going to be playing decent stuff until we have been fully purged of these types.
The first season Martinez was here blows a huge hole in your theory: look at the Dad's Army hoof merchants he was handed and the way Martinez moulded them into a possession based team capable of playing the elte teams off the park.

It can be done. And whereas Martinez had almost zero cash to spend, and manager coming in now would have that.

Never heard of him.

You're being very parochial. There might be a downgrading of the Olympics football tournament in this country, but it is highly valued elsewhere.

When Andy Murray won the Olympic tennis title suddenly it was a major event here. The same would happen if a united GB tea won the football gold.
He played in team GB at the 2012 Olympics. He is well regarded in Argentina because of his Olympic footballing exploits.

Surprised you've not heard of him.

The first season Martinez was here blows a huge hole in your theory: look at the Dad's Army hoof merchants he was handed and the way Martinez moulded them into a possession based team capable of playing the elte teams off the park.

It can be done. And whereas Martinez had almost zero cash to spend, and manager coming in now would have that.
Zero cash to spend?

Is he the fella that broke our Transfer record on Lukaku?

And thought splashing 13.5 on Niasse was good business, that fella?

Zero cash to spend?

Is he the fella that broke our Transfer record on Lukaku?

And thought splashing 13.5 on Niasse was good business, that fella?
That's all he spent substantially.

Moyes beat Everton's transfer record a handful of times - does that mean he had loads to spend too?

The cash started flowing only after Martinez left. YOU KNOW THAT.

What does it all mean though? I cant see your point.
You've just claimed that the Olympics is a very high standard of football and highly regarded and called me parochial for not knowing that.

I invented a quote about a player who played 3 times for the last GB team to play at an Olympics and you tell me you've never heard of him.

You don't see the contradiction there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back