Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all he spent substantially.

Moyes beat Everton's transfer record a handful of times - does that mean he had loads to spend too?

The cash started flowing only after Martinez left. YOU KNOW THAT.
Martinez got money, but sadly he wasted most of it, Moyes on the other hand no money and bought legends.

You've just claimed that the Olympics is a very high standard of football and highly regarded and called me parochial for not knowing that.

I invented a quote about a player who played 3 times for the last GB team to play at an Olympics and you tell me you've never heard of him.

You don't see the contradiction there?
I'm supposed to know every player in a GB Olympic squad from a decade ago, and if I dont then that makes the perception around the world that the Olympic gold medal for football is a big deal wrong?

I think you may need to rethink this.

60m is nothing???
Unfortunately, it's become quite common, maybe not for us, but for the European teams it has.

Look at Chelsea's bench tonight -
Ziyech £40m
Kepa £75m
Werner - £47.5m

And it's not guarantee of quality either:

Benteke and Sakho cost Palace £60m
slimani and Iheanacho £55m
Mustafi and Xhaka nearly £70m.
Joelinton - £40m

I'm supposed to know every player in a GB Olympic squad from a decade ago, and if I dont then that makes the perception around the world that the Olympic gold medal for football is a big deal wrong?

I think you may need to rethink this.
Yes, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the Olympic football tournament IS the tournament that all the big names are clamouring for.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING WE GET SHUT OF ANCELOTTI.

This is ruminating on who could follow him if he cant or wont play better football and / or make us more effective.

Honestly dave at the moment i dont really care about the football we play as long as we do well. Which we were doing for the majority of the season. Unfortunately we have fell off a cliff lately in terms of results and play style.

Hopefully they will turn up in the next 4 games and show a bit of backbone

When was the last time our season didn't 'peter out'?

At least half of our wins have come from games we played crap in too. A handful of games aside we've been so bad, like some of the worst football i've endured.

I think we're a million miles away from progress.

Our performances haven’t been great but we’ve already got more wins this season than last and we're only 3 goals shy of our goals scored total than last season.

To say we're a million miles from progress is OTT

Honestly dave at the moment i dont really care about the football we play as long as we do well. Which we were doing for the majority of the season. Unfortunately we have fell off a cliff lately in terms of results and play style.

Hopefully they will turn up in the next 4 games and show a bit of backbone
I haven't lost faith in Ancelotti.

I'm just saying that if it comes to it, and he cant get this job right, we should take another chance on a manager that isn't there just to keep the team ticking over until we get in a new stadium...which is what the Ancelotti hiring is increasingly looking like.

We need to redefine ourselves as a team. I see no identity. Under moyes we knew what we were; under Martinez we knew what we were. Under the last 3 managers (discounting the horrendous stop gap Allardyce) we have no identity...no method. Hence my mentioning of a Bielsa type who know who they are and impress it on their teams, who play to his vision week in week out.

That's not what I claimed.

You've read what you want to see and not what's actually there.
You said the Olympics is a tough tournament. It's tough in the same way any tournament is, but it is not tough in terms of the quality you might expect. It's basically an U23s tournament.

To illustrate the point you quoted Messi saying it was his most valued achievement (it's not; avoiding jail for tax evasion was).

I made up a quote from Marvin Sordell which you've taken far too seriously, and implied that it was highly valued outside the UK (is it?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back