Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst everything you've stated there is true, I'm struggling to see a real relevancy to it.

Why?

Well, as you'll no doubt know, even the very best teams have bad performances and results. They just happen less often than they do for inferior teams.

Would you say it's fair to say our poor performances and results would be less frequent when we have our best team available?
Yes of course. I’m just responding to the post as it is though. If you say ‘this team batters Burnley’ or whatever, then I think it’s only fair to point out that while it might, on its day, there’s also a decent chance it wouldn’t (and in fact didn’t, when the majority of it played against them last time). If the post had said ‘I think we’d have played better over the course of the season if we’d somehow managed to avoid getting any injuries’ I’d have agreed, but it didn’t. As I said, we had a number of poor performances with most of those players available, so I don’t really see the point in pretending otherwise.

There's also the fact that if we got rid, we are starting again with a new manager, maybe with another different playing style working with now 5 previous managers guff 6 if you count Seamus and Moyes.

At some point we need to go down the stability route and actually build properly. We may have to suffer another season, hopefully not but Carlo will get it right eventually and he will lead us to BMD hopefully with a CL team or challenging at least.

He gets three seasons, minimum, for me (so 2 more.)

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I'm confident he at least won't leave us in a position like Koeman did.

We've got to give him a chance to build a squad and we've also, as a club, got to accept that Carlo is above our level. We're a club, who hasn't got a single proven winner in football within the playing staff or within 'the office.'

Maybe, just maybe, a world class coach, who's won it all at club level, as both a player and manager, is exactly the sort of figure we need to just trust, and say 'here, this club is yours for a good few years, try and turn this mentality around'

Not that you'll need reminding, but, 26 years and counting...

Yes of course. I’m just responding to the post as it is though. If you say ‘this team batters Burnley’ or whatever, then I think it’s only fair to point out that while it might, on its day, there’s also a decent chance it wouldn’t (and in fact didn’t, when the majority of it played against them last time). If the post had said ‘I think we’d have played better over the course of the season if we’d somehow managed to avoid getting any injuries’ I’d have agreed, but it didn’t. As I said, we had a number of poor performances with most of those players available, so I don’t really see the point in pretending otherwise.

Fair enough. As I said, it's not that anything you said was wrong, or untrue, I just felt like adding my own tuppence worth :p

A question I've been pondering is what if instead of Carlo we hired Jose and we found ourselves in the same exact predicament, both have exemplary accolades in the game and have been playing overly conservative to a fault this season, would people be staunchly defending Jose to the same degree as Carlo? Because I believe a lot of people backing Carlo would be pushing for Jose's ouster. I feel carlo's good natured demeanor makes it easier to rally and amass support towards over the distant snideness of Jose.

A question I've been pondering is what if instead of Carlo we hired Jose and we found ourselves in the same exact predicament, both have exemplary accolades in the game and have been playing overly conservative to a fault this season, would people be staunchly defending Jose to the same degree as Carlo? Because I believe a lot of people backing Carlo would be pushing for Jose's ouster. I feel carlo's good natured demeanor makes it easier to rally and amass support towards over the distant snideness of Jose.
There would be more people on his back for sure. As some lunatics were not on board with him coming here as if he would have in the first place. But me personally I'd be the same as I am about Carlo. -Flabbergasted we pulled such a world class manager and not making a fool out of myself by pisshing the bed because we only find ourself 2 points off Europe with a game in hand in after not been with us a full season.

It would take me a good 3 years before I start making up my mind on either one. Whatever happens up till then.

Like a balanced normal person.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I'm confident he at least won't leave us in a position like Koeman did.

We've got to give him a chance to build a squad and we've also, as a club, got to accept that Carlo is above our level. We're a club, who hasn't got a single proven winner in football within the playing staff or within 'the office.'

Maybe, just maybe, a world class coach, who's won it all at club level, as both a player and manager, is exactly the sort of figure we need to just trust, and say 'here, this club is yours for a good few years, try and turn this mentality around'

Great post.

I think some criticism is fair, especially some of the football that's been served up which I think has been dreadful in the main. But we need to give him enough time to make his mark.

If we don't qualify Europe he'll be rightly under pressure imo but I'll back him to get it right until it's mathematically impossible to qualify.

TBF Simeone is one of the very few managers who'd be an improvement on Carlo - the football would be defensive still, but it would be far more evil than now and I dare say far more effective.
Note Simeone inherited a team used to qualifying for Europe indeed having won the UEFA Cup 2 seasons before his arrival. It was also a team with a prime Falcao playing up front. I think it’s fair to say that Ancelotti inherited a slightly different scenario on which to build?

Again who are we to be hounding out managers with these credentials, they don't come here normally these managers and people want rid, it's barmy. It isn't good, maybe coaching crap players isn't that easy.

I agree we should be doing better but I can't think of a safer pair of hands to turn it around long term than Carlo.

There would be more people on his back for sure. As some lunatics were not on board with him coming here as if he would have in the first place. But me personally I'd be the same as I am about Carlo. -Flabbergasted we pulled such a world class manager and not making a fool out of myself by pisshing the bed because we only find ourself 2 points off Europe with a game in hand in after not been with us a full season.

It would take me a good 3 years before I start making up my mind on either one. Whatever happens up till then.

Like a balanced normal person.
Different types of manager. Carlo trusts in players, but this current squad don't repay his trust. My hope is we get a few more in to add to Allan, Doucoure, Rodriguez, Godfrey who have been brought in, and who belong in a top 6 squad. Mourinho throws his players under the bus and therefore I have less faith that he'll turn Spurs around.

Mou would have destroyed us

Again who are we to be hounding out managers with these credentials, they don't come here normally these managers and people want rid, it's barmy. It isn't good, maybe coaching crap players isn't that easy.

I agree we should be doing better but I can't think of a safer pair of hands to turn it around long term than Carlo.
If the fans chased him out we would deserve everything we get afterwards. Deserve stick from all corners for years and years to come. And it will be all on us. Relegation? Not one lad who chases him out can blame mosh, brands or whoever is in charge.

Even though I want carlo to stay for as long as he wants I could never bring myself to complain afterwards. Just remain silent and be embarrassed as an Everton fan for possibly decades to come. Any RS gives me grief from then on, I will have to whole heartedly agree with them. Yep we as a fanbase deserve nothing and congratulations on your success.

Different types of manager. Carlo trusts in players, but this current squad don't repay his trust. My hope is we get a few more in to add to Allan, Doucoure, Rodriguez, Godfrey who have been brought in, and who belong in a top 6 squad. Mourinho throws his players under the bus and therefore I have less faith that he'll turn Spurs around.
He perhaps is more risky than carlo. But give him 5 years and I'd bet there's a good chance he will deliver a trophy. As that's what he does. But in this day and age of bed pissing 'now now now, mamy make me my dinner now' he won't get that time. Altough having said that he has them in a final already. That's at spurs. At Everton he can have all the time to throw who he wants under the bus and slowly build his own team of Jose diehards and see what he can do at Everton. Cause getting a world class manager is/was a lotto win. I wouldn't be throwing away the ticket.

For me it’s about seeing progress. I don’t envisage us becoming genuinely successful anytime soon, so I’m not expecting the top 4 finishes and trophies that some people are. I would like to see us look like a team that is moving in the right direction though. I think next season is a big one in that respect. We won’t sack him I’m sure, but 2 1/2 years should be more than enough time to get a decent style of play in place and show tangible improvement (European qualification and more consistency in results/performance). If we don’t achieve that next year then although I’m sure he’ll stay, I think it will be fair to say he’s failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back