Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said the Olympics is a tough tournament. It's tough in the same way any tournament is, but it is not tough in terms of the quality you might expect. It's basically an U23s tournament.

To illustrate the point you quoted Messi saying it was his most valued achievement (it's not; avoiding jail for tax evasion was).

I made up a quote from Marvin Sordell which you've taken far too seriously, and implied that it was highly valued outside the UK (is it?).
The Olympic tournament is highly prized in South America.

IMG_20210414_075956.webp

Does it though? I mean 10 of that starting 11 were available for the 2-0 home defeat to Newcastle for example (9 started, Gomes wasn't picked but came on as a sub, only Allan was missing). That was a game literally plucked out at random so i'm sure there are others where 9 or 10 of that team are out there, We need to stop pretending these performances have only started to happen in the last couple of weeks when the injuries have mounted up, they haven't.

Whilst everything you've stated there is true, I'm struggling to see a real relevancy to it.

Why?

Well, as you'll no doubt know, even the very best teams have bad performances and results. They just happen less often than they do for inferior teams.

Would you say it's fair to say our poor performances and results would be less frequent when we have our best team available?

Every player is like Straq.

Ok.

FFS, I cant believe some arre turnig tnheir nose up at Bilesa. Incredible arrognace form fans of a club that haven't won a carrot for 26 years.

The football and performances would be something to swoon over. Bielsa with £300M like Koeman got. Imagine.
As opposed to turning on Carlo "I have won a few pots" Ancelotti. Come on Dave, It's not pretty agreed but He is the best we have had in a long long time and he needs to be given the chance to get more of his own players in.

History shows he can work with good players so lets get him some, I would like to see that plan of attack before punting the most decorated manager we have ever had.

Mad, init. Proven world class manager, and people think we should actually pay his contract up and tell him 'no thanks'.

How anybody who wants the best for Everton thinks that's the best plan of action is totally beyond me.
There's also the fact that if we got rid, we are starting again with a new manager, maybe with another different playing style working with now 5 previous managers guff 6 if you count Seamus and Moyes.

At some point we need to go down the stability route and actually build properly. We may have to suffer another season, hopefully not but Carlo will get it right eventually and he will lead us to BMD hopefully with a CL team or challenging at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back