Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest signs of progress all season is that we've just scraped a win at the Emirates but people aren't happy with the performance. Yeah we did play pretty rubbish and won through a goalkeeping howler, but we've played well there before and thrown it away. There is a foundation being built here and we just need to keep things going in the right direction.

I remember this one: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45538155

23 September 2018, it says.

We were the better team by some distance for the first half and almost to the hour mark before Lacazette just decided to hit an impossible shot. Auba followed up a couple of minutes later and that was that.

Not really arsed about the style, we know there are too many missing/deficient players to play good football and Carlo is doing the most reasonable thing in the circumstances.

10 away wins, most since 1987 when there were two more away matches than there are now.
Without crowds it means nothing. We're playing 38 neutral games this season. The home record being crap means nothing either.

Such a weird last few pages. Everton win at the Arse for the first time in 1/4 century and we're debating style over content.

Its not prefect but theres a proper foundation and organisation there.
Foundation is the key word for me. This is going to happen over a couple of seasons.

He’s got us resilient, gotten us competitive against the top sides (and a number of monkeys off our back in the prices, and has improved a number of players individually. The performances will come with time but for that to be consistent we probably need 3-5 players.

Ive faith he’ll have us playing decent football but that’s the last thing to come for me. He’s not just there to change the style of play. He’s there to change the mentality, to get us competing with the top clubs. A couple more players will help us unlock teams below us and with that we’ll start to see performances and consistency.

Can’t believe we didn’t lose 5-3 last night playing electric free-flowing football.

Carlo out.

Good result at the end of the day.

How did the kitap1 king Moyes do at Arsenal? Did he ever manage to keep a clean sheet? Know he never won one, but struggling to think of a clean sheet.

Foundation is the key word for me. This is going to happen over a couple of seasons.

He’s got us resilient, gotten us competitive against the top sides (and a number of monkeys off our back in the prices, and has improved a number of players individually. The performances will come with time but for that to be consistent we probably need 3-5 players.

Ive faith he’ll have us playing decent football but that’s the last thing to come for me. He’s not just there to change the style of play. He’s there to change the mentality, to get us competing with the top clubs. A couple more players will help us unlock teams below us and with that we’ll start to see performances and consistency.
Is the correct answer! ;)

Thought his whole set up was a bit odd last night and it definitely wasn't easy watching but we won so not going to moan too much.

In general don't think the formation allowed us to go forward well but we were solid defensively. Richarlison looks a bit lost on the right, especially deep. Siggy on the left I'm not sure has ever looked good. DCL also looked a bit isolated. Also didn't understand why delph was his go to first sub, given how little football he's played.

Thought holgate and Godfrey were great at the back tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back