Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we have. But like I said it has been a missed opportunity.
7th-8th has been our natural position. We are 8th. We have spent a lot of money the football is hit and miss.
Alardyce finished 8th with a side languishing in the table in November.
Obviously I wouldn’t swap, and obviously you are an idiot to want to sack a Carlos, but we are not punching above our weight here.

with this squad? Erm ye ok we aren’t

Of course we have. But like I said it has been a missed opportunity.
7th-8th has been our natural position. We are 8th. We have spent a lot of money the football is hit and miss.
Alardyce finished 8th with a side languishing in the table in November.
Obviously I wouldn’t swap, and obviously you are an idiot to want to sack a Carlos, but we are not punching above our weight here.
In with a chance of fourth at the end of April. That is massive progress to me.

Most away wins since we won the league.

Away wins at The pit and Arsenal.

Just a shame the home form has been poor.
I think the lack of crowds is responsible for both. Hopefully our home form will pickup more than the away form drops off when the crowds come back. Hopefully getting some of those crap records off the books will help any mental blocks. another year of CA getting into our players heads, and a couple more really decent players coming in and next season could be good.

I think the lack of crowds is responsible for both. Hopefully our home form will pickup more than the away form drops off when the crowds come back. Hopefully getting some of those crap records off the books will help any mental blocks. another year of CA getting into our players heads, and a couple more really decent players coming in and next season could be good.
I do agree that the lack of crowds played a big part, but ending those miserable records was really important. It is changing expectations and mental blocks.

I'll judge Ancellotti when 60% of our team couldn't get beaten by him in a 100m race.

Serious lack of pace and aggression by the midfield aside our new signings Doucoure and Allan.

If we manage to nab Europa then I envisage we will get a few extra heads in. We badly badly needed them. Gomes and Gylfi look like they are playing in a testimonial.

In with a chance of fourth at the end of April. That is massive progress to me.
This is key for me.

Yes Allardyce got us 8th but what were we - 30 points off top 4? It’s been a strange season for all the clubs and we are still right in the mix for Europe.

Think this is the first time we have been in contention for champions league since Martinez (and we dropped dramatically at the end there)

We obviously have loads to improve on but we are definitely going the right way.,.even if it’s slower than most of us would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back