Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to criticise. We just won at Arsenal for the first time in 25 years. I'm chuffed, and we're somehow still in the race for Europe.

There's just a balance isn't there.
I don't know how many times you have posted this narrative. I'm not trying to criticise but...
Almost every week no matter the result you say the same thing . It is criticism . You are entitled to that . Just leave out the but bit then.

Performances still dont match the points tally. Ancelotti is dragging out results.
Talk to we're blue in the face. We still need 5/6 players of a consistent quality.
We can go away and dig out results because of ancelotti's experience and set ups.
Lack of quality at home has to come from better quality. Ie transfer market.

Performances still dont match the points tally. Ancelotti is dragging out results.
Talk to we're blue in the face. We still need 5/6 players of a consistent quality.
We can go away and dig out results because of ancelotti's experience and set ups.
I’m sure that will come, but think on this. We’re three points behind a team that spent £230m last summer and already had a great squad.
We spent £67m on a squad with holes everywhere. In fact we spent the eight most in the league.
Big summer of spending required to ratchet us up.

I’m sure that will come, but think on this. We’re three points behind a team that spent £230m last summer and already had a great squad.
We spent £67m on a squad with holes everywhere. In fact we spent the eight most in the league.
Big summer of spending required to ratchet us up.

Its how you spend it though. We gave arsenal 30m for iwobi and they used that to go buy pepe for 70m.
Thats 100m and neither are worth a w@nk.

I agree with what you're saying 100% but if you look at the squad something like 16 of the players (i think it's that) are Brands signings yet we are still talking lacking quality. Something has gone very, very wrong with our recruitment in recent years imo, a few decent buys in the summer and hopefully things will improve a fair bit as i don't see the home fans putting up with some of the performances.

If we manage to nab Europa then I envisage we will get a few extra heads in. We badly badly needed them. Gomes and Gylfi look like they are playing in a testimonial.

As much as I can't stand Sigurdsson you can't deny that he's helped give us a few crucial wins this season.

Don't think anyway can stick up for Gomes though.

I don't know how many times you have posted this narrative. I'm not trying to criticise but...
Almost every week no matter the result you say the same thing . It is criticism . You are entitled to that . Just leave out the but bit then.

No, I'm trying to offer balance so that everything isn't so black and white.

We were a fluke OG away from putting in a really tame attacking display in what was our biggest game of the last few weeks, which we needed to win to keep in with a chance of Europe, and we had all of our best attacking players available (bar Doucoure who I appreciate is key to how we play in both defence and attack). We had one shot on target (and that's not the one we scored from).

There's genuine concerns and not everything has to be a) ALL Carlo's fault or b) NOTHING to do with Carlo and it's all on the players or all on Brands etc

I agree with what you're saying 100% but if you look at the squad something like 16 of the players (i think it's that) are Brands signings yet we are still talking lacking quality. Something has gone very, very wrong with our recruitment in recent years imo, a few decent buys in the summer and hopefully things will improve a fair bit as i don't see the home fans putting up with some of the performances.

Very. I just answered that in another post. The recruitment has got to be a lot better. Its not just about throwing money at it.

Seen this and had a laugh. I'm honestly the same, must be a handful of games we've actually played really well in.

Either way that gives me a lot of hope that if we're picking up all these points playing badly, how far could we go when Carlo gets the right team to get us firing properly.

As much as I can't stand Sigurdsson you can't deny that he's helped give us a few crucial wins this season.

Don't think anyway can stick up for Gomes though.
Does anyone know when the last time Gomes got to play alongside Allan AND Doucoure in midfield was? Feels like a long time ago, and that was the midfield for our good run at the start of the season

Seen this and had a laugh. I'm honestly the same, must be a handful of games we've actually played really well in.

Either way that gives me a lot of hope that if we're picking up all these points playing badly, how far could we go when Carlo gets the right team to get us firing properly.

You got to love Newcastle fans, they think that because they have a big stadium it means they are a big club, i really, really want Fulham to catch them up so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back