Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its how you spend it though. We gave arsenal 30m for iwobi and they used that to go buy pepe for 70m.
Thats 100m and neither are worth a w@nk.
I do agree, and the figures don’t tell the whole story because James was a free transfer.
Filling the gaps in the squad and having som depth on the bench will see us into top four I’m certain.

I might be wrong but I don't think West Ham have had anything close to the injury situation we've had this season?

And no, we're not relegation fodder. That's why we're 3pts off 4th

Well Antonio has been out injured several times. Other than that they've managed to keep their 'best XI' intact.

I don't put their best XI as drastically better, on paper, than our team with one or two players out, though.

Anyway, it was just an example. Leicester's injury situation has been really bad this season but shows that they have much better strength in depth than us. Ironically enough, if we can pick up two wins and they keep slipping, we could catch them!

I'm not here to be doom and gloom. I'm just fed up of this insinuation that we can't possibly question Carlo. Like I said, one shot on target last night (not our goal) in a game which was an absolute must-win for us, against a side with their two best attackers out, their best creative player just returning from the bench and their 'best' (I say that loosely) centre-backs not playing either. They also have a Europa League semi next week.

We had all of our best attacking players fit, albeit Dom just coming back from injury and just looked understandably a little off the pace. We had a sluggish and laborious midfield, which for some reason included Gomes over Davies who, along with Allan, had given us a good defensive platform against Spurs and allowed James and Gylfi to get on the ball higher up the pitch.

There's positives to take - defensively we were very good (albeit, against a weak attack), bar that one late chance we gave up at the end, and Godfrey and Holgate both played well. But we've got some seriously decent attacking players yet hardly play to their strengths. Digne is our second-most creative player yet we have him out on the left wing on his own, having to pin 50-yard crosses right onto the heads/feet of our players. Why don't we have him being able to actually link up with someone, and drive into the box? The last time we did that - and one of the only times I can recall this season - we got that goal against Palace.

Last edited:

If we won the Europa Conference League we’d just get laughed at like when we won that pre-season trophy in Australia that time.

Maybe by try hard plastic top 6 fans from Nigeria but I'll be absolutely buzzing if we won that and would go down in history as the first ever winners of it.

Qualifies us automatically for EL the following season as well.

Our name could stand proudly alongside Lyn Oslo, NK Maribor and Sparta Rotterdam in the history books.

Its a trophy man we havent exactly had much to shout about these past 26 years.

Be boss the younger fans seeing us lift something not all of us have had the luxury of seeing league title wins and European Cups.

Its a trophy man we havent exactly had much to shout about these past 26 years.

Be boss the younger fans seeing us lift something not all of us have had the luxury of seeing league title wins and European Cups.

We lifted this, it has as much prestige as that joke of a competition.

D3A4B8CE-DBA4-442B-8478-BAB3A0BAA230.webp

Winning any competition instills a winning mentality.
Successful clubs did not become successful over night, it is a process.

Carlo is instilling a winning mentality in the team at present, there is a long way to go yet but you can see it happening.

He also is not afraid to talk about European qualification as this is where he wants the club to be, to raise the level of expectation.

If we won the Europa Conference League we’d just get laughed at like when we won that pre-season trophy in Australia that time.

Teams can drop down from the higher competitions so there will still be a few decent sides in it. I'd take any trophy at this point and it would be an excellent opportunity to give matches to young players like Nkounkou, Gordon, Branthwaite etc.

I don't think we're in any position to turn our nose up at any European football. Although preferably we can come 6th somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back