Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having looked at recent posts on the thread, the impression is given that some fear Carlo is happy to play as now and does not have a vision as to how we can improve our style on the pitch.

This seems at odds with his regular and honest post match interviews in which he acknowledges we can play better. I recall he has used the phrase 'Play Vertically' as a recognition of the need to get the ball forward quicker.

At the moment, he has to get results with the players at his disposal. The squad at this present time only has 4 players whose signing he has endorsed and one of those is injured. This is insufficient to be able to conclude that our playing style will not improve with an enhanced squad whose players have the full confidence of the manager.

Regrettably, I doubt that some of our current first team squad have the ability to change the way they play which requires an improvement in skills

I don't really know if it's a style of play. I just want us to move the ball quicker, be more intense in our play.

I'm sorry Zat, that doesn't wash for me. Look at Bielsa - he had one window and one month to get the Leeds players playing how he wanted them to back in 2018. And they were straight at it from the off. Same with Rodgers at Leicester.

Carlo simply doesn't have a style of play. That's fine. But I don't think, *checks notes* passing the ball forwards at pace, comes into being 'style of play'.
Bit of a difference,Bielsa had the Championship to practice in and Brenda inherited a team with quite a few Prem winners. Ancelotti a group coached by Silva and Allardyce.

Playing style / brand of football. Martinez had a 'style'. Moyes had a 'style'. Allardyce had a 'style'.

Always the complaint about no plan B. No flexibility.

It's almost like folk want something to complain about.

Martinez tried to play a style of football only elite footballers could maintain and do well. We never had them players available at the time, nor have we now. It’s good that Carlo recognises that and has chose to play a different way in order to accommodate the talent level he has on offer. Yes, he’s got it wrong at times and has been let down by the lack of player quality, but I do believe with another manager we would still be bottom half.

Playing style / brand of football. Martinez had a 'style'. Moyes had a 'style'. Allardyce had a 'style'.

Late April and we still have CL qualification as a goal ( however unlikely) to aim for. You'd wonder what a manager has to do to get any credit here.

Tempo is our biggest problem. I guess that won’t change as long as Gomes, Gylfi and James are in the same team.

We seem incapable of kicking off and being aggressive and on the front foot straight away. Arsenal won a corner within 17 seconds of the restart the other night and I swear that happens in every single game we play.

Tempo is our biggest problem. I guess that won’t change as long as Gomes, Gylfi and James are in the same team.

We seem incapable of kicking off and being aggressive and on the front foot straight away. Arsenal won a corner within 17 seconds of the restart the other night and I swear that happens in every single game we play.

Didn’t we win a corner at Anfield from the kick off and then we scored a minute later?

I agree with your about some of the midfielders in our team causing us issues with pressing and aggression though.

Imagine being so much of a miserable git that the team you support brings a world class manager in, and..
he signs one of the worlds best
In 1 season wipes out 3 unwaned records winning away at teams the club had previously not won at for a combined 60+ years
Wins 10 away games for the first time since we last won the league
Has the 2nd best record against the 6 after city this season
Best start for over a century
4 points off a CL spot with 6 games to go, 5 of which are very winnable.

And you complain about possesion and style and a striker missing chances and defenders making mistakes. And cast envious eyes at leeds ffs

Imagine being so much of a miserable git that the team you support brings a world class manager in, and..
In 1 season wipes out 3 unwaned records winning away at teams the club had previously not won at for a combined 60+ years

And you complain about possesion and style and a striker missing chances and defenders making mistakes. And cast envious eyes at leeds ffs
If our home form was comparable with our away form, we'd comfortably be second in the league. Many of the voodoos that have held us back have been broken.

While our home form hasn't been ideal nor has some our play, I trust Carlo to fix it over any other manager we've had in decades. That's the difference.

If our home form was comparable with our away form, we'd comfortably be second in the league. Many of the voodoos that have held us back have been broken.

While our home form hasn't been ideal nor has some our play, I trust Carlo to fix it over any other manager we've had in decades. That's the difference.

So do i. I also think alot of blues are so scared of getting their hopes up about the future in case it goes the way its gone previously and kopites laugh at them that theyd rather the team and carlo failed straight away

Whenever Bielsa gets brought into the argument you know it’s just pure football hipsterism. The bloke has won close to zip for most of his career and currently has Leeds in 10th. His cup exit was embarassing and some of the losses for them this season have been awful. Why is he even getting mentioned in this argument? May as well start bigging up Graham Potter....oh wait some did.

Moshiri has his dream team of Carlo and Brands now. It’s the combination he’s wanted since day one, and like with most things Moshiri gets what he wants. Neither are going anywhere.

We have an absolutely massive opportunity, probably the biggest in out post 87 history, coming our way with the top 6 possibly in chaos. Arsenal are falling further away every season, Spurs could take a turn for the worst with Kane close to falling off his peak and now outside of the top 4. Liverpool are at the end of their cycle and have big problems. Add to all of that there may be a super league punishment soon to impact all of them.

Who better to take advantage of this opportunity than a manager with our highest win rate since Kendall. He’s slain the demons of Anfield and the Emirates in one season. He’s had a group of players most of which aren’t his returning European level points totals for close to 18 months now despite battling an injury crisis for large parts of that period.

Yet some want to complain that what he’s doing is unsustainable, it’s not as good as Bielsa, it’s a fluke, he’s not suited to players below the elite etc. It beggars belief it really does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back