Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
My housemate is a Blade mate and I meant what I said before ko the other day - they are, honestly, one of the worst teams I have ever seen. Properly have nothing, anywhere on the pitch, with McGoldrick, who's 33 and can't run, their best player cause he can pass a ball. And he made our lot look like fat blokes rocking up on a Sunday morning after 17 pints.

Properly disgraceful from every single one of the squad and coaching staff and anyone else who's ever even set foot in finch farm. Just burn it all down and put us out of our misery.
Hopefully Moshiri joins The Super League with Barca, Real and Juve and we get launched out the game.

Thats my dream.

Hibbert in his prime walks in over the current version of Coleman in my view.
Hmmm ok.....could Hibbert play like Coleman did at Anfield and West Ham recently? Not a chance, even in his prime.

Bit disrespectful to a great servant who has gone past his best but can still turn in the odd performance.

Both at their prime, Hibbert couldn’t lace his boots he was gash IMO, but each to their own.

My housemate is a Blade mate and I meant what I said before ko the other day - they are, honestly, one of the worst teams I have ever seen. Properly have nothing, anywhere on the pitch, with McGoldrick, who's 33 and can't run, their best player cause he can pass a ball. And he made our lot look like fat blokes rocking up on a Sunday morning after 17 pints.

Properly disgraceful from every single one of the squad and coaching staff and anyone else who's ever even set foot in finch farm. Just burn it all down and put us out of our misery.

As soon as that goal went in after 7 minutes I knew the game was over. I turned it off on 40 minutes and went and cleaned the oven.

At least we can tell our Grandchildren that we saw McGoldrick play like a peak Messi at Goodison, on the tele.
Tbh I was'nt even that bothered about losing the other day I had had a feeling it might happen, it was exactly this, the fact we made David bloody McGoldrick look like a world class striker when he has scored about 8 goals all season or something.

The biggest problem for Ancelotti is that some of our best players have been part of these abject performances and haven't performed at all well themselves. If we can't really on our better players to show fight and a good attitude, then we really are in a spot of trouble.
Well this is the thing mate when people say it's all down to the players, or attitude etc.

That was pretty much our strongest XI the other day yet they were set up terribly, played terribly and lacked any idea of what they were meant to be doing and little direction or action came from the sidelines.

Without a basis from which to fall back on, any team is knackered. We don't have a default to try and win these games and look properly abysmal at doing anything other than sitting 18 yards out.

As Carlo says, he's not a magician, but we should have more 18 months in. There's absolutely no question about that.

And we keep doing the same with manager after manager. So time to give it a little more time. I seriously doubt many managers could get this useless bunch producing long term results. The history shows after all those managers that there is a big problem with our playing staff.
I think managers could try. He's run to low block defend for our lives at the first sign of trouble.

Ancelotti knows the score. He has coached and picked, and bought and sold more footballers than any of us. If he knows it, Moshiri certainly does.

With the ground in sight, (thats what Moshiri is in for basically), I am certain he will green light what the Manager wants.

My spirit has been well and truly crushed this year. I used to be excited about every match no matter who were playing, no matter how bad we were.

This season I'm just tired and want it over with. I dont even want to think about next year either because even if we start well we will fall away.

Its a shame as we have such big potential as a club but I fear long term future generations of Blues will dwindle and dwindle as lets be honest most Blues are utterly sick of the club these days its groundhog day every sesson and just no pride/fight in the players/management.

My lads just unlucky I like going GP for the social element otherwise I wouldn't have taken him in recent years.

Last 2 seasons have really drained me this season I just cba hasn't helped the empty stadiums even the Derby win whilst great at the time soon worn off being stuck at home watching it.

I think managers could try. He's run to low block defend for our lives at the first sign of trouble.
I think they have, I don’t think any of them came here with the aim to not try. We have also wasted some serious money on garbage. Now, we have to basically build again. Players are being called good when they truly aren’t, Pickford (doubtful whether he can produce a good season), Keane (vastly overrated), Holgate (should be nowhere near the team), Siggy (never repaid his transfer fee with performances), Coleman (way past his prime), Iwobi (good grief) and the rest. A lot of these players just aren’t good enough and we will be lucky if anybody wants them. Now, I agree Ancelotti needs to do better, and I have criticized him enough, but there is more to it.

Ancelotti knows the score. He has coached and picked, and bought and sold more footballers than any of us. If he knows it, Moshiri certainly does.

With the ground in sight, (thats what Moshiri is in for basically), I am certain he will green light what the Manager wants.

I believe he will too. But Carlo needs to do better mate. There's no way we should be as utterly pathetically bad at footy as we are. We're properly horrid. They can't pass, can't move, got no idea of an attacking set up. And you have to question the coaching because it seems significantly lacking in that regard.

And, if all we can do right now is sit deep and aim to frustrate teams, then just do that in every game because it's clearly all that's actually worked on.

No. The current ones, are massively inferior to what Jagielka was. Perhaps only Godfrey could go on to match his level in time. Keane is utterly terrible and Mina and Holgate are average.
Skipping through this thread, I’m horrified to discover that we’ve given him a contract extension. God knows why, I was hoping Burnley might offer us £5 and take him back. That’s £5, not £5m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back