Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overtaken by Leeds after their win tonight. With them having WBA(H) and Arsenal having Palace and Brighton left to play. 10th looking pretty likely.

Hmmm ok.....could Hibbert play like Coleman did at Anfield and West Ham recently? Not a chance, even in his prime.

Bit disrespectful to a great servant who has gone past his best but can still turn in the odd performance.

Both at their prime, Hibbert couldn’t lace his boots he was gash IMO, but each to their own.

Hibbert could cross a ball, stop crosses coming in, and didn’t often get done one on one. That’s the minimum requirement for a full back in my book. Coleman was great in his day because he had a fantastic engine and great pace. Now we see that once or twice a season, but the rest of the time it’s turning his back on crosses, spooning possession all over the pitch out of play, and being caught out of position. It’s not Hibbert’s prime v Coleman’s, it’s would Coleman as he is now get in Moyes’ best team and for me the answer is no.

Overtaken by Leeds after their win tonight. With them having WBA(H) and Arsenal having Palace and Brighton left to play. 10th looking pretty likely.

Gotta hope Palace turn up for Roy's farewell and that Big Fat Largeman just hates people enough to grind out a result (he won't do).

It's pathetic mate, really is. Seething at Carlo. Seething at Brands. Seething at the squad. It's crap.

Keep with our plans for knocking Goodison down but let’s not bother building the new stadium.
Bring Carlo Ancelotti in and finish below a newly promoted side and West Ham ffs.

Gotta hope Palace turn up for Roy's farewell and that Big Fat Largeman just hates people enough to grind out a result (he won't do).

It's pathetic mate, really is. Seething at Carlo. Seething at Brands. Seething at the squad. It's crap.

I would rather us finish 10th than 8th now. Need to hammer home how poor a season this has been, can’t be papering over any cracks.

Hibbert could cross a ball, stop crosses coming in, and didn’t often get done one on one. That’s the minimum requirement for a full back in my book. Coleman was great in his day because he had a fantastic engine and great pace. Now we see that once or twice a season, but the rest of the time it’s turning his back on crosses, spooning possession all over the pitch out of play, and being caught out of position. It’s not Hibbert’s prime v Coleman’s, it’s would Coleman as he is now get in Moyes’ best team and for me the answer is no.
Hibbert gave his all, it’s shameful what this current lot put in. Blame Ancelotti or not their effort is pitiful.

Both teams have spent the whole season in the bottom half with nothing to play for and have won a load of nothing games with no pressure on them to come up where they are. This is the Allardyce 8th argument all over again. I’d rather challenge all season for something and have stuff riding on games than have the season over in February but scrape ahead of a team falling away at the end of the season.

We messed up and have fallen away but had the chance to go for top 4 and then Europe. Arsenal and Leeds never had that chance at any point. I doubt anyone apart from the accountants and the anti Carlo brigade on here are remotely arsed if we finish 8th or 10th due to a few points now.

It really has been a shocking end to the season. The home form has simply been unacceptable all season long , and a 10th placed finish is also unacceptable. This was our season to make a breakthrough as many of the normal top sides have had an off season.

Both teams have spent the whole season in the bottom half with nothing to play for and have won a load of nothing games with no pressure on them to come up where they are. This is the Allardyce 8th argument all over again. I’d rather challenge all season for something and have stuff riding on games than have the season over in February but scrape ahead of a team falling away at the end of the season.

We messed up and have fallen away but had the chance to go for top 4 and then Europe. Arsenal and Leeds never had that chance at any point. I doubt anyone apart from the accountants and the anti Carlo brigade on here are remotely arsed if we finish 8th or 10th due to a few points now.

We were 4th in early March so to finish outside of the top 7 is a monumental failure.

Nah that doesn’t wash with me. Finishing position matters, it’s what you’re judged on. So we should take more credit for starting the season well(9 months ago) than a team finishing it well, which is a clearer indicator of were you are as a team. And I’m arsed because that’s about where our performances deserve to be, anyway it’s all conjecture at the moment anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back