Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on bingo card. Hmmm.

Jimi? Jimi????

Get Big Oil and @BlueToff on that card.

Only one place for Big Ig.

38BC1459-C728-4628-AC81-FD2AC9EB730A.webp

You claim progress but we have clearly regressed in the second half of the season relative to the first half

The current trend is one of regression not progression, wolves result aside.
We haven't "clearly" regressed at all. By nearly every metric we have improved. Especially in the main metrics such as points and league position. "But... But the style.... The identity"??? Yeah, we have a squad full of crabs that can't string 3 possess together so we play to maximise chances of winning. Ugly, but pragmatic. It's so simple to understand.

Hmm you could easily list players who have regressed such as Richarlison and Digne.
There are easily as many negatives as there are positives and you know it.

It’s all salad dressing though, he isn’t going anywhere and let’s see how he does next season when hopefully he will have a better collection of players to choose from.
Digne hasn't regressed at all so don't chat absolute cake. Richarlison has had a bad season. It happens. It's not some cast iron proof that a manager is failing.

Especially in the case of Richarlison, who feeds off atmosphere.

We haven't "clearly" regressed at all. By nearly every metric we have improved. Especially in the main metrics such as points and league position. "But... But the style.... The identity"??? Yeah, we have a squad full of crabs that can't string 3 possess together so we play to maximise chances of winning. Ugly, but pragmatic. It's so simple to understand.

Can you not read ? In terms of performances and results we have regressed in the later half of the season compared to the first half.

Why are you going on about finishing position when that had nothing to do with what im saying. Pay attention lad.

Can you not read ? In terms of performances and results we have regressed in the later half of the season compared to the first half.

Why are you going on about finishing position when that had nothing to do with what im saying. Pay attention lad.
Ah so you pick an arbitrary quantity of time in which we've struggled to fit your one eyed analysis?... The half of the season where we've had half a squad fit? Utterly pointless.

I on the other hand look at the season in its entirety which is the norm and the sensible thing to do. Pay attention, lad.

Ah so you pick an arbitrary quantity of time in which we've struggled to fit your one eyed analysis?... The half of the season where we've had half a squad fit? Utterly pointless.

I on the other hand look at the season in its entirety which is the norm and the sensible thing to do. Pay attention, lad.

I don't know why you're being such a donut over this, I don't want Ancelotti sacked, im just pointing out that performances have regressed in the second half of the season relative to the start and then you've dived in here as if some top Ancelotti hater lol

I don't know why you're being such a donut over this, I don't want Ancelotti sacked, im just pointing out that performances have regressed in the second half of the season relative to the start and then you've dived in here as if some top Ancelotti hater lol
I'm not suggesting you're anything. Plenty of teams have had a better first half of the season compared to the second but have not regressed based on last season's campaign. We are in that category.

I'm not suggesting you're anything. Plenty of teams have had a better first half of the season compared to the second but have not regressed based on last season's campaign. We are in that category.

I never said we have regressed on the previous campaign though, im saying our performances have been in decline towards the end of the season which is a fair statement. Id rather go in to next season on the back of clear signs that squad/performances are progressing but instead we are stuck with a summer where half our fanbase want 11+ players sold because of the clear regression in performances. If we ended up with the same amount of points but had started badly whilst ending strongly then the narrative might be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back