Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been
I have faith he will get us right. I’m not saying he’s immune from criticism, his substitutions at times and set ups have been questionable and I have been the first to jump on his back. I think overall he has done a decent job with what he has at his disposal.

He can set us up a particular way with the players he has available, who on paper, should be beating certain teams, but he can’t ultimately make them go out there and go the extra mile or at least put in the level of performance required to see off those teams. The games at home to Newcastle and Fulham in particular for me were nothing to do with tactics and set up, those defeats were down to sheer lack of bottle and fight, second best to every ball and not getting stuck in when required, including the Villa and Sheffield United games.

This was happening last season as mentioned earlier with some of the same players, the Norwich, Sheffield United, Saints, Villa & Bournemouth games being an example.

There’s a weak unsuccessful mentality mindset within the squad and it needs ripping out. Let the manager bring in who he wants and ship out the turgid crap of yesteryear that hang around like a bad stench and we will see drastic improvements, I’d put money on it.
happening longer then that mate, had loads of these. When push comes to shove and the chips are down our players wilt

I can only hope
Been a difficult season and really a poor finish after a promising start. But we've struggled to bring on younger players and the 'stars' we bought in the summer have faded as badly as the team has.

I hope we give Carlo more time, but we simply have to recruit well in the summer with younger, hungrier players or we will be looking at needing a replacement by Christmas.

Possibly controversial, but we need a young manager, hungry, who knows how to win and get the best out of his players. Would anyone else consider Steven Gerrard now that Klopp looks set to stay at the RS?

Young, won in Scotland and has given Rangers an identity that Carlo has failed to do with us.
I agree mate. Gerrard gets the Merseyside psyche. He'd make the players proud to represent the club and by extention the people of the city.

No more big ego players thinking they're above all else. No more team centred on a star man. It would be high standards, team work and a slippery slope for the losers and the lazy bones infesting this great club.

When all is said and done we finished just 8 points off the top 4. Last season we were 17 points behind the top 4. We have improved greatly. Had our home form been slightly better this season we’d have got 4th. We miss the 12th man - the Goodison faithful.

Hahaha! Good one!

The frustrated, booing 12th man would’ve propelled this gang of losers to the dizzying heights of 10th.

I can only hope

I agree mate. Gerrard gets the Merseyside psyche. He'd make the players proud to represent the club and by extention the people of the city.

No more big ego players thinking they're above all else. No more team centred on a star man. It would be high standards, team work and a slippery slope for the losers and the lazy bones infesting this great club.

Would he even come to Everton? We know the job he's holding out for.

On it's own, no, but combine it with other stats or general play. The results have often been better than the performances.
Users on the forum here do not trust statistics, but instead use a completely new super-scientific discovery: Ancelotti's super glasses (It was a gift he received from Abramovich), completely without bias, and cost only 10 pounds:

1621804545848.png

In the same way that the season started so brightly , and the new signings played so well i.e. James , Doucorre , Allan , and Godfrey, Carlo was given the total credit by many.
By the same token , he now needs to realise that he similarly is responsible for ;
1) Dropping to 10th place whilst the RS finish 3rd ,and Champions League , when it looked realistically that we could finish above them
2) Finishing 6 points behind a Moyes led West Ham , who played better football , scored 15 goals more goals , and got a great tune out of a player that we were all horrified with being linked with i.e. Lingaard,
3) Led a side that played football in a style that , after Xmas , was probably what you would expect from a side managed by BFS.
4) Seems totally incapable of using (even occasionally to gain experience) younger / promising players , and rooted to using Siggy or Gomes in rotation.
5) Has finished behind a newly promoted side in Leeds whose fans on were even on here being slightly worried a few months ago , about being relegated !
His performance in managing / motivating players seems to have been lacking.
I am sure in his heart of hearts he realises this , and the fact that those players have let him , and the club down , and that as a result he has massively underachieved in relation to his salary level in world football.
I don't buy into the falacious argument that he is only used to dealing with world class players. Great managers , in whatever sport or discipline , get the best of what is at their disposal.
Let's hope that this has been a wake up call to him , and jolts him out of his easy going nature.
I think that it will as the whole season has been a massive letdown and will hurt his professional pride.
In my opinion he needs another season , and my fingers are crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back