Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we signed a few better players, a midfield who can run instead of Sigi/Gomes. If we signed Zaha we would of finished top 4. We where not far away just lacked a bit of quality

DCL x20
Richy x12
James x5
Sigi
Dacoure x1
Keane
Mina
Bernard x1
Holgate x1

Anyone else score?
the lack of goals from the rest of the team is has been a major problem
You're talking about a manager who stated Coleman can stay here forever.

Coleman liked and has been our best player in the PL era most likely for his price
But if he's saying he stays on then that's not the type of manager ready to ring the changes.

His signings in the summer better have pace or it'll end in tears.

I really rate Carlo and I think we need to give him more time but the best managers get the best out of their squad at any level. I think he is probably too nice to give some of these players the rollicking they deserve and clear out the dross. If a player had given Alex Ferguson (or even Moyes) a performance like some of ours at home this season they would have been afraid to turn up for training the next day. They would have walked down the tunnel, changed their identity, got into a taxi straight for the airport (without even stopping to tell their family) never to be seen again; rather than face the wrath of Fergie. I'm not sure a raised eyebrow would put that same fear of God into you. Carlo is used to managing players that give 100% all the time because they love the game and set their own standards higher than the managers. How many of Everton starting XI could you say that for?
Welcome mate.

Just signed up after the seasons finished , you've missed all the fun.

But if he's saying he stays on then that's not the type of manager ready to ring the changes.

His signings in the summer better have pace or it'll end in tears.
He a man manger, he says the right things at the right time to try and get the best out the team, since the SU defeat he been totally different. His attitude changed and his tone towards the players has.
I hope he going to be telling a few to find a new club

Would the player have performed in front of fans though, so it’s hard to say. The club needs a big overhaul there no doubt about it
They fold in front of them. Carlo had the relative easy task of allowing his players to play expansive football without fear of the boo boys jumping down their throats. He wouldn't allow them off the leash though.

Because he is one of the reasons we’ve had a crap team. It’s not like he’s led by example. Out of form players you can excuse if they are giving 100% to the cause. He hasn’t.

Oh I agree. Just think the 'he's not happy' thing gets overegged.

I don't think he'll leave this summer. If a big offer comes in then we'd be right to consider it. We would be with all of our players.

They fold in front of them. Carlo had the relative easy task of allowing his players to play expansive football without fear of the boo boys jumping down their throats. He wouldn't allow them off the leash though.
We won every home game that had fans this season all 3 of them

tbf Dave, he tried that, and they were crap

In the same way that the season started so brightly , and the new signings played so well i.e. James , Doucorre , Allan , and Godfrey, Carlo was given the total credit by many.
By the same token , he now needs to realise that he similarly is responsible for ;
1) Dropping to 10th place whilst the RS finish 3rd ,and Champions League , when it looked realistically that we could finish above them
2) Finishing 6 points behind a Moyes led West Ham , who played better football , scored 15 goals more goals , and got a great tune out of a player that we were all horrified with being linked with i.e. Lingaard,
3) Led a side that played football in a style that , after Xmas , was probably what you would expect from a side managed by BFS.
4) Seems totally incapable of using (even occasionally to gain experience) younger / promising players , and rooted to using Siggy or Gomes in rotation.
5) Has finished behind a newly promoted side in Leeds whose fans on were even on here being slightly worried a few months ago , about being relegated !
His performance in managing / motivating players seems to have been lacking.
I am sure in his heart of hearts he realises this , and the fact that those players have let him , and the club down , and that as a result he has massively underachieved in relation to his salary level in world football.
I don't buy into the falacious argument that he is only used to dealing with world class players. Great managers , in whatever sport or discipline , get the best of what is at their disposal.
Let's hope that this has been a wake up call to him , and jolts him out of his easy going nature.
I think that it will as the whole season has been a massive letdown and will hurt his professional pride.
In my opinion he needs another season , and my fingers are crossed.
Speak for yourself. I wanted him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back