Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's important to do both. But players tend to get themselves fired up for games against the so called bigger teams.
Winning at Anfield was 3 points. Losing at home to bottom half teams was far more and the difference between a very good season and the shameful one we have had.

I thought that’s what we were going for from December with
Holgate..Keane..Mina..Godfrey

it actually looked quite solid.
Then he started pissing about with it.
How many of those would make it into the starting XI of a top 6 club? One? maybe two?

Then he didn't coach them right.

Well, I agree on that sense, I think more could have been done.

But, I don't think we do have the players to be 'expansive'. We've seen that.

Now the coaching could have been better, and we could definitely be better than we have been - i.e. we should have been able to see a bit of a system in place that had more than one route to attacking etc. I think that is fair to say. And then it'd be a case of being able to go, well we know this player needs replacing, etc etc.

As it is, it's like they haven't tried, or whatever they have tried is clearly nowhere near good enough.

It needs a shake up. I'd argue another coach, coming in alongside what there is and being there to offer a fresh perspective.

Because he is one of the reasons we’ve had a crap team. It’s not like he’s led by example. Out of form players you can excuse if they are giving 100% to the cause. He hasn’t.
I find Richarlison such an enigma. He is capable of such brilliance but most of the time it's like he can't be bothered. I wonder whether he's just given up and is waiting for someone else to come knocking. Or maybe that's just the way he plays - in fits and starts. I wish he would spend more time on his feet running around and less time rolling around on the floor and whining.

I think its fair to say that if fans were at the games all season we wouldn't have won at Anfield, spurs or arsenal.

These away wins at notoriously hard places to go are considered the only positives of the season, but can anyone honestly say they think this group would have won those games under different circumstances.

As far as I see it the team are bang average and massive work needs to be done

Did I, really? I hope you’re better at reading x-rays than the postings on this forum
Screenshot_20210523-235516_Chrome.webp

Your own words, fella.

Rodgers said today he cannot fault his players who failed to get 4th. They gave me their hearts and souls. Can you imagine Carlo saying that about his players? His relationship with the Everton players is seriously flawed. They appear not to take any notice of him.

Well, I agree on that sense, I think more could have been done.

But, I don't think we do have the players to be 'expansive'. We've seen that.

Now the coaching could have been better, and we could definitely be better than we have been - i.e. we should have been able to see a bit of a system in place that had more than one route to attacking etc. I think that is fair to say. And then it'd be a case of being able to go, well we know this player needs replacing, etc etc.

As it is, it's like they haven't tried, or whatever they have tried is clearly nowhere near good enough.

It needs a shake up. I'd argue another coach, coming in alongside what there is and being there to offer a fresh perspective.

If he'd come in here and tried to set up a certain way and maybe brought through some younger players I'd be less cynical of him right now.

But I dont see a base he's put down to build from.

We're a poor football team when all is said and done.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back