Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 points from the last 12 matches.

We bottled it.

Was going to say exactly the same.

Then the word "mentality" was being used by Carlo in most of the interviews I'm pretty sure.

It's not there. But when has that been any different for years?

Only needed 1 more win for our highest points total since 2014 (62) Only had to draw a handful of games at home to get 67 points which was top 4 (based on this season).

We beat arsenal and were 3 points from 5th with a game in hand (52). We had 6 games left. 18 points to play for. We took 7 points losing twice at home.

I keep hearing this argument, as if he cannot be judged unless he has a squad comparable to those at Bayern, Chelsea and Milan.
The point is not that he cannot be judged. The point is there IS no point signing Carlo unless you are going to give him the tools he needs to do the very specific job he does: compete at the highest level. Would you put Alain Prost in a Morris Minor? If so, what would you expect him to achieve? First to the local Asda?

Ancelotti is a high-end manager of great players. He's the best in the world at that. That's his very rarefied skill set. There is absolutely no point hiring him if you are giving him Tom Davies and Josh King and Alex Iwobi. Back him big or get off the pot, Everton.

Is there much coaching going on or is it letting his son do the set pieces (which admittedly he’s good at) and the players to do whatever they want?
I have said this before and I will repeat it: BJ and Baby Bop seem nice kids and are Barney's good friends...but they know squat about football and Barney should not be employing togger tactics based off their input.

Then the word "mentality" was being used by Carlo in most of the interviews I'm pretty sure.

Only needed 1 more win for our highest points total since 2014 (62) Only had to draw a handful of games at home to get 67 points which was top 4 (based on this season).

We beat arsenal and were 3 points from 5th with a game in hand (52). We had 6 games left. 18 points to play for. We took 7 points losing twice at home.

Newcastle, Fulham, Sheff Utd, Villa, Burnley.

The least we should be doing is not losing any of those games, and those five points would have got us two points clear in seventh.

That's what's cost us, and Carlo is as much to blame for those defeats as any mentality or attitude problem.

Its Carlo's inability to instill motivation and drive to improve players as much as the players being incapable and weak.

So are the players not playing for the manager?

Unfortunately you cannot delete 70% of your squad in 2 months and replace them. Doesn't work like that anywhere. Look at Man Utd, Ole has had to work with the Jekyl and Hyde players for a few years and he has now managed to get more out of the most lot.

Carlo needs to accept the responsibility for not being able to do better with this squad which everyone makes it sound is among the worst in the PL (its not!). If Brands believes this squad indeed is bollocks then he needs to come out and take responsibility. But Everton being the usual bottlers have also bottled the DoF by giving him an extension FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back