Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would swap immediately.

I can't stress this enough: I'm not bothered if Carlo doesn't manage another Everton game. I'm not rooting for it, I probably wouldn't do it unless I was really confident in who the replacement would be, but it just also doesn't panic me or anything like that. We'll move on and the bar for someone to do better isn't anything resembling high.
I'm not worried either way although I would prefer Carlo stayed because what we need is stability, chopping and changing managers is part of why we have such a hotch potch squad. I also don't think Sarri would suit us. I don't think he enjoyed being at Chelsea either.

Yeah it is a real tough look for a lot of people who peddled some stuff about him wanting to take on this big project, make it his last job, add it to his legacy or whatever else.

Well it's all conjecture atm and the sources are hardly credible. I wouldn't be surprised if Madrid had sounded him out but I'd like to think that at this stage in his career, it wouldn't interest him.

If he genuinely would just jump ship, it'd make me think a lot less of him. I think he's tactically excellent when he really works on it, and has let himself down with a lack of a coherent playing style at times but that's not helped by the pile of crap we have here, because a lot of them are incapable of doing anything unless they are told specifically to stay in certain spots, and the recruitment overall for the last 5 years has been awful.

However, I've never doubted him as a person and he is an extremely interesting, charismatic manager and exactly what the club needs to push us on. I've been consistent with that. So for him to just throw it all up would, in my mind, go against that character. So I am hopeful, for those reasons, that it's very much bs.

Despite Nymz thinking he can read my mind, I do not want Ancelotti to go right now. I think it would leave us in a bad place, because I don't trust the people in charge to make the right choice for one, and the list of candidates is not something that inspires me. We got lucky that Ancelotti cropped up when he did but simultaneously he had just been sacked by Napoli and landed on his feet, opportunity wise, with us, for a big pay packet at a big club. For him to give it up after 18 months would leave a sour taste but also leave the club in a bad position, imo.

I'm not worried either way I just don't think Sarri would suit us.
He might not, I'd honestly have to look into it more, but what I know about him for sure is that he's got a way of playing and has been able to impose it on multiple clubs and I'm once again back to the point where I think more than anything what Everton need is a really clear direction before they try to do anything else.

And as a bonus the direction he'd choose has gotten good results in this league already. It might take time. I can live with that.

Get him a North Face and sign him up.

2CF0A607-1566-42DB-AC28-4D2C79F15391.webp

He might not, I'd honestly have to look into it more, but what I know about him for sure is that he's got a way of playing and has been able to impose it on multiple clubs and I'm once again back to the point where I think more than anything what Everton need is a really clear direction before they try to do anything else.

And as a bonus the direction he'd choose has gotten good results in this league already. It might take time. I can live with that.

The thing with Sarri is that, actually, 'Sarri-ball' didn't truly work at Chelsea or Juventus.

Not because he got sacked by them, but Chelsea kind of filtered away from playing that way about halfway through the season because it didn't really click with the players they had and half due to the league too.

Sarri's Juve were something of a mess, tbh.

If sarri came here I'd seriously be concerned about his health. The cigarette consumption would be amplified to disconcerting levels after a single training session.
Sari trying to get Sari Ball going here would be hilarious:

He would be happy at how Pickford shaped with the ball, then it gets to Tugboat Keane...
s-136bc23a195e71350fd3b08d682243f912f3df8f_orig.gif

You can implement a style but it still would take time to get the squad to fit that style. So of the two options I would rather we have consistency. I think Carlo would like to play a 433 ideally, but we didn't have the players for it with the injuries so he showed his flexibility by making us hard to beat. If Carlo did go I could see us going down the young coach route again and the rebuild will start yet again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back