Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with Sarri is that, actually, 'Sarri-ball' didn't truly work at Chelsea or Juventus.

Not because he got sacked by them, but Chelsea kind of filtered away from playing that way about halfway through the season because it didn't really click with the players they had and half due to the league too.

Sarri's Juve were something of a mess, tbh.
Also part of the issue was he had to deal with some bad bells who didn't like how he tried to do things. The Kepa incident showed that clearly, but it wasn't like Hazard was easy to deal with. And then you come to Ronaldo.

I trust that he'd get us playing decent stuff in time. I'm not sure it is the right manager and tbh it isn't a style I really care for all the way, but it is something to aim at becoming and for me that is the bare minimum for what I'd like to see.

Whether Carlo has a plan or not the fact that in 18 months us supporters can't really point it out is not a good thing because it means he hasn't really made progress on it. Continuity takes time to develop so we're really at square on here and he needs to get a move on with it and soon.

It's all conjecture and I think its likely that he'll retain his position here. If not I'll go for ralf. Tactically astute and actually knows how to recruit and develop a squad.

You can implement a style but it still would take time to get the squad to fit that style. So of the two options I would rather we have consistency. I think Carlo would like to play a 433 ideally, but we didn't have the players for it with the injuries so he showed his flexibility by making us hard to beat. If Carlo did go I could see us going down the young coach route again and the rebuild will start yet again...
I think we're such a small way down the line on Carlo's rebuild that starting it again doesn't even really set us back. We've got very little continuity in a system and a bunch of pieces that don't really fit together.

Right now we have consistency: consistently mediocre.

Just can't believe he would bailout, he's spoken about the new stadium being here long term, always thought he was a genuine person, if he goes at a loss of what I think about people I think are genuine. Hopefully it's bullshit rumours

It's all conjecture and I think its likely that he'll retain his position here. If not I'll go for ralf. Tactically astute and actually knows how to recruit and develop a squad.
Rangnick? Nymz would know more but I feel like he's more of a DOF than a manager ideally.

Rangnick almost certainly wouldn't work with Brands

But anyway, it's only the Evertonism in me that is getting me worried about these rumours. The sources are complete drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back