Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s actually some amount of nutters in this thread. From people saying they wouldn’t be arsed if he went to others saying Madrid are crap now why would he be interested. Do you people realise he is basically the one single selling point for any half decent footballer to come to this club at the minute.

Honestly can’t even understand a lot of it here. Everyone’s crap until they go elsewhere and then it’s “oh why didn’t we do that”. Jokes aside if we lose Ancelotti I’m very serious when I say we’d be very lucky to even get someone like Martinez back, even he gets linked with the likes of Spurs now.

If Carlo leaves then we’re cemented for mid table obscurity until the stadium is done, no question. There’s not a manager in the world anywhere close to as good as he as that’d come anywhere near us at the minute.
You might want to check the table

You might want to check the table
Quite frankly this squad would be comfortably sat in the bottom half of the bottom half with the like of Eddie Howe or Graham Potter who would be the like to replace Carlo.

I won’t blame a manager for an awful squad he inherited where the 4 players he added were 4 of the 5 best players we had in the year. It’s been said to death but this squad is one of the worst in the league. I look at the like of Southampton who are also awful and think I’d honestly say they’ve multiple players that’d start for us, same for Burnley, Brighton etc.

I’m not sure there’s multiple players from our squad that’d start in teams above us, Digne is the only one and he wouldn’t even get in all of them. Quite honestly in fact I think we have players who start for us regularly that wouldn’t get in teams below us. The likes of Iwobi, Davies, Gyfli, Holgate, Keane, Gomes and as much as I hate to say it Coleman would legitimately struggle for game time at the likes of Villa or Wolves. Many would do well to get into that Southampton side, Palace or Newcastle.

We truly do have an awful squad.

Quite frankly this squad would be comfortably sat in the bottom half of the bottom half with the like of Eddie Howe or Graham Potter who would be the like to replace Carlo.

I won’t blame a manager for an awful squad he inherited where the 4 players he added were 4 of the 5 best players we had in the year. It’s been said to death but this squad is one of the worst in the league. I look at the like of Southampton who are also awful and think I’d honestly say they’ve multiple players that’d start for us, same for Burnley, Brighton etc.

I’m not sure there’s multiple players from our squad that’d start in teams above us, Digne is the only one and he wouldn’t even get in all of them. Quite honestly in fact I think we have players who start for us regularly that wouldn’t get in teams below us. The likes of Iwobi, Davies, Gyfli, Holgate, Keane, Gomes and as much as I hate to say it Coleman would legitimately struggle for game time at the likes of Villa or Wolves. Many would do well to get into that Southampton side, Palace or Newcastle.

We truly do have an awful squad.
No shot on the bold bit.

I don't think the squad is good, but that doesn't excuse the manager to do a mediocre job too.

I really don't want him to go but unless he gets the level of players he has been accustomed to work with , he's wasted .
He can't get any of our below average players to put in a shift as he rarely has had to work with players who lack both quality and passion.
If he doesn't get some assurances that he will get the tools needed , I won't hold it against him if he wants to bail.
It must be so mentally taxing walking into training to see Iwobi crossing the ball into the next county and Gomes pruning himself like a gorgeous crab.
Come on Brands and Mosh , give the man the tools he needs .

I really don't want him to go but unless he gets the level of players he has been accustomed to work with , he's wasted .
He can't get any of our below average players to put in a shift as he rarely has had to work with players who lack both quality and passion.
If he doesn't get some assurances that he will get the tools needed , I won't hold it against him if he wants to bail.
It must be so mentally taxing walking into training to see Iwobi crossing the ball into the next county and Gomes pruning himself like a gorgeous crab.
Come on Brands and Mosh , give the man the tools he needs .
I can assure you we won't get the tools needed if Milan cerca 2007, Chelsea 2010 or Real Madrid 2014 is what the level is.

I can assure you we won't get the tools needed if Milan cerca 2007, Chelsea 2010 or Real Madrid 2014 is what the level is.
I get your point but at the moment I think the level of players we have (apart from a very few exceptions ) are more like Milan reserves 5 years ago , Chelsea in the late 80s and Real Madrid Castilla now.

No shot on the bold bit.

I don't think the squad is good, but that doesn't excuse the manager to do a mediocre job too.
On the first part do you mean that you disagree with me on that? James, Godfrey, Allan, Doucoure and obviously Dom were our 5 best players last year by some margin. Digne was the closest but he had a poor season compared to what he can do in my opinion.

I’m not exactly excusing the manager, he should’ve of course done better but I’ve said it before that I can’t blame a manager for players not turning up against the likes of Sheffield United and Fulham, honestly with the “quality” of our squad you should win that game without even needing a tactical plan, only way we lose that is if we’re massively tactically outplayed, which we weren’t, or else the players couldn’t be arsed, which they weren’t.

That’s my opinion and if you disagree with it that’s fine but there’s legitimately 20 people I’d see leave the club before Carlo, certainly not untouchable or without criticism but he can only do so much with what he had.

People will point to 10th and use it as a stick to beat him but he got 59 points, 4 points off Europe and 9 points off Champions League all with this gang of cowards who threw away games throughout the year. Off the top of my head I can’t lay a whole pile of results on the fault of the manager, I can remember multiple to put on individual errors of players though.

Put it this way, beat Sheffield at home, Burnley at home and Fulham at home and we’d be in the Champions League next year. As disgusting as that is to read quite frankly I can’t put any blame on a manager for losing that set of results but those are the margins in football and those margins aren’t won or lost by managers, it’s players.

On the first part do you mean that you disagree with me on that? James, Godfrey, Allan, Doucoure and obviously Dom were our 5 best players last year by some margin. Digne was the closest but he had a poor season compared to what he can do in my opinion.

I’m not exactly excusing the manager, he should’ve of course done better but I’ve said it before that I can’t blame a manager for players not turning up against the likes of Sheffield United and Fulham, honestly with the “quality” of our squad you should win that game without even needing a tactical plan, only way we lose that is if we’re massively tactically outplayed, which we weren’t, or else the players couldn’t be arsed, which they weren’t.

That’s my opinion and if you disagree with it that’s fine but there’s legitimately 20 people I’d see leave the club before Carlo, certainly not untouchable or without criticism but he can only do so much with what he had.

People will point to 10th and use it as a stick to beat him but he got 59 points, 4 points off Europe and 9 points off Champions League all with this gang of cowards who threw away games throughout the year. Off the top of my head I can’t lay a whole pile of results on the fault of the manager, I can remember multiple to put on individual errors of players though.

Put it this way, beat Sheffield at home, Burnley at home and Fulham at home and we’d be in the Champions League next year. As disgusting as that is to read quite frankly I can’t put any blame on a manager for losing that set of results but those are the margins in football and those margins aren’t won or lost by managers, it’s players.
Doucoure is terrible and I'm not sure Godfrey is better than Mina or Keane so yes I disagree.

He should probably work on getting them up for those games and winning them then. I just don't really look at it that way with the if we did this stuff. We didn't and he has to own that.

Doucoure is terrible and I'm not sure Godfrey is better than Mina or Keane so yes I disagree.

He should probably work on getting them up for those games and winning them then. I just don't really look at it that way with the if we did this stuff. We didn't and he has to own that.

Playing the same 12-13 guys you just threw at a
top side away to get the three points is a recipe for eventual bad L's.

Carlo didn't have a lot of choice in quite a few of those. It's a thin squad when healthy. Options are nonexistent when it's a M*A*S*H unit.

Playing the same 12-13 guys you just threw at a
top side away to get the three points is a recipe for eventual bad L's.

Carlo didn't have a lot of choice in quite a few of those. It's a thin squad when healthy. Options are nonexistent when it's a M*A*S*H unit.
I guess. I just think we're hiding behind the squad quality because we really want it to work for Carlo. He's not been good enough either but we want to believe new players would change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back