Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shot on the bold bit.

I don't think the squad is good, but that doesn't excuse the manager to do a mediocre job too.

Doucoure is terrible and I'm not sure Godfrey is better than Mina or Keane so yes I disagree.

He should probably work on getting them up for those games and winning them then. I just don't really look at it that way with the if we did this stuff. We didn't and he has to own that.

I guess. I just think we're hiding behind the squad quality because we really want it to work for Carlo. He's not been good enough either but we want to believe new players would change that.

Someone is drunk...at least i hope they are :o

Doucoure is terrible and I'm not sure Godfrey is better than Mina or Keane so yes I disagree.

He should probably work on getting them up for those games and winning them then. I just don't really look at it that way with the if we did this stuff. We didn't and he has to own that.
do you even watch our matches or just look at match ratings when its over. Bet u think Allan has been a waste of money too you silly prat.

we're quite genuinely in the mud if he leaves. I know the negative nancys who started watching in 14 probably would be happy to see him go but we are far more likely to get another Walter Smith or Mike Walker than a Davy Moyes or Bobby Martinez. It could be a disaster for us.

do you even watch our matches or just look at match ratings when its over. Bet u think Allan has been a waste of money too you silly prat.
Allan for me isn't a good signing because of the combination of his age and fee still, but he is a decent player who does well enough for us. Doucoure just stinks.

we're quite genuinely in the mud if he leaves. I know the negative nancys who started watching in 14 probably would be happy to see him go but we are far more likely to get another Walter Smith or Mike Walker than a Davy Moyes or Bobby Martinez. It could be a disaster for us.
It has been a long time since we've brought in a manager and had it be a complete disaster from the start.

Someone is drunk...at least i hope they are :eek:
Glad you put it in big letters.

I guess. I just think we're hiding behind the squad quality because we really want it to work for Carlo. He's not been good enough either but we want to believe new players would change that.

It's not so much that I believe that new players would change it as that options and rotation would change it.

What I'm seeing is a guy squeezing blood from a stone. What you're seeing is a guy that can't provide consistency. I don't think that either view is inconsistent with the other, nor do I believe that they are incompatible. The difference is that I believe that Carlo wouldn't run his horses into the ground if he didn't have to.

I could be wrong. Carlo could be the Gene Keady of football, which yields opposite results from those in college basketball due to the differences in the structure of the competition. Keady's teams were beasts in the Big Ten regular season, but repeatedly failed in the postseason tournament for all the marbles because he didn't substitute enough. He went toe-to-toe with Knight in the conference for titles won, but never reached the Final Four against Knight's three national titles. (For non-Americans: imagine if the FA Cup is the only real trophy, the league table just seeds the FA Cup and the Final Four is getting to Wembley.)

It could be that Carlo tends to win cups but struggles in league tables because he doesn't rotate enough, even when he has options. That said, it is a certainty that he is a pro for getting players up for occasional big games, which wins cups.

I think that we win some of the games we lost this season if Carlo had options coming off the big wins. That may not be true. Where I do think that I have the moral/intellectual high ground here is that I'm willing to admit that I might be wrong, and that I'm willing to let evidence decide once he has some options. It's not clear to me that you can say the same.

Marca credible on this?

Either way I'd be stunned. And also not arsed. The same way I'm not arsed that Martinez got the Belgium gig or Koeman ended up at Barcelona. Ultimately I'm interested in what Everton are doing under their management not the CV and Carlo has given me nothing to miss.
Stunned and not arsed. The twisting and turning hypocrisy of lgauna. Summed up in the first two sentences.

Would make sense like. I seen him down Crosby Marina this weekend and I followed him shouting “Carlo! Carlo!” For 5 minutes and after he waved a couple of times he eventually turned round and said “Go away you weirdo!”

I didn’t really think anything of it at the time, but his reaction makes sense now when you think about it. His body language looked like he wanted out as well.

This 59 points is becoming the new "72 points doh m8" when it comes to claiming El Loco was a brilliant manager for us lol

And yes weaker squads - Fat Sam had kin Ashley Williams, Cuco Martina, Rooney, Klassan and Niasse/Toshun not DCL, Digne, Mina, James Rodriguez, Richarlison and Allan/Doucoure.

Its not. Its all in your head fella. The dislike of ancelotti is fine. You can slaughter him all day long. But the spin. Martina hardly played in 3 years at Everton. Klassen made what, 7 appearences? Koeman signings. Almost all of the inconsistent performers who were here are still here under contract. Hardly any have left. Who'd buy them.
Its not an ancelotti love in. You just cant make stuff up in the hope it will slide.

This 59 points is becoming the new "72 points doh m8" when it comes to claiming El Loco was a brilliant manager for us lol

And yes weaker squads - Fat Sam had kin Ashley Williams, Cuco Martina, Rooney, Klassan and Niasse/Toshun not DCL, Digne, Mina, James Rodriguez, Richarlison and Allan/Doucoure.
Mate you may now give us name.

Not fussed in terms of the football we've been playing, but we would need a similarly high profile manager in order to attract any decent players. If we get a Dyche or Howe we are consigned to mid-table for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back