Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win win for me. If he goes it basically means he wasn't committed as he needs to be and if saves us the expense of the eventual termination - because anything less than 100% Carlo with this squad will result in disappointment.

If he doesn't go, Moshiri will no doubt be suitably spooked and go in heavy to support him. Which is what we need.

In fairness to Moshiri, I think he's already willing/trying to do this.

We're just not in a great financial standing right now and FFP is further limiting us.

There isn't really much to deny though, it's just a few accounts on twitter. I don't think any papers have picked it up.
Nonetheless the rumours are out there and are slowly gathering pace.
Generally it is not in the clubs or the managers interest to allow such whispers to go unchallenged even if they lack credibility as it risks disrupting the existing squad and possibly jeopardising recruitment.
Stability is important and a simple one sentence denial by one or both parties nips it in the bud before any damage can accrue.

Nonetheless the rumours are out there and are slowly gathering pace.
Generally it is not in the clubs or the managers interest to allow such whispers to go unchallenged even if they lack credibility as it risks disrupting the existing squad and possibly jeopardising recruitment.
Stability is important and a simple one sentence denial by one or both parties nips it in the bud before any damage can accrue.

The sources don't look at all reliable to me. There is no need for the club to do anything.

I had a quick google and i can't seen Marca reporting this anywhere. They're usually Real's mouthpiece in the media so if there was any truth in this they'd be on it.
My gut instinct is this is lazy journalism.... i hope that's the case anyway.

I had a quick google and i can't seen Marca reporting this anywhere. They're usually Real's mouthpiece in the media so if there was any truth in this they'd be on it.
My gut instinct is this is lazy journalism.... i hope that's the case anyway.
Just looked myself and they are reporting it from 11 hrs ago.

In fairness to Moshiri, I think he's already willing/trying to do this.

We're just not in a great financial standing right now and FFP is further limiting us.

I’d like to think we are ignoring FFP (and I’m sure Carlo intimated as such). If they aren’t punishing teams for announcing they are effectively leaving UEFA, then we can do anything.

Don't think it's true, but if it happened it would be one hell of a gut punch.
He'd go off to Madrid with a good ridence from the matress spoilers and win trophies while we go through another 3 average managers. Without a hint of shame from the bozos.

I’d like to think we are ignoring FFP (and I’m sure Carlo intimated as such). If they aren’t punishing teams for announcing they are effectively leaving UEFA, then we can do anything.

Well we aren't in Euro competition so UEFA's FFP rules don't apply to us, and in that sense the 'punishments' (or lack thereof) from UEFA to those teams matter little.

It's the PL's FFP rules that we would be falling foul of. So it depends what the PL do really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back