Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we aren't in Euro competition so UEFA's FFP rules don't apply to us, and in that sense the 'punishments' (or lack thereof) from UEFA to those teams matter little.

It's the PL's FFP rules that we would be falling foul of. So it depends what the PL do really.

And they aren't punishing the six either.

If we can, we should blow FFP apart. It's a busted flush legally as it stands.

we're quite genuinely in the mud if he leaves. I know the negative nancys who started watching in 14 probably would be happy to see him go but we are far more likely to get another Walter Smith or Mike Walker than a Davy Moyes or Bobby Martinez. It could be a disaster for us.
Moyes was different from the managers you have mentioned above mate.

I’m sure Real asked, why wouldn’t they, test them water on one of the best managers in the world not at a CL club who knows their players inside out and has similar tactics to Zidane plus an exceptional euro pedigree.

He will have been one of the top names on their list. Doesn’t mean he will say yes to them though.

A small percentage of me almost hopes he does so that we’d see the effects of some lesser manager trying to get these clowns to play football whilst Carlo was bringing more glory to Madrid. We’d be begging for him back when we were lower bottom half in December, battered in the derby, then out of both cups by February.

Martinez’ second season started the slide we’re currently trying to halt.

I think some people need to realise how lucky we are to have Carlo and shut up.
Mod do you believe Carlo will stay or not? Please shred some light on this.

Well we aren't in Euro competition so UEFA's FFP rules don't apply to us, and in that sense the 'punishments' (or lack thereof) from UEFA to those teams matter little.

It's the PL's FFP rules that we would be falling foul of. So it depends what the PL do really.

Do other European leagues have their own FFP rules or just the PL?

If FFP is scrapped the PL might have no choice but to scrap their own rules too, otherwise none of the top talent will come here, they'll all go to the other top leagues where teams can spend as much as they like.

Love Carlo, but im just not that bothered if he goes.

Seems like no matter who we have as manager, not much changes.
Probably because we don’t allow enough time for anything to change.
Carlo has been here 18mths, but the rebuild only started last summer.

We definitely could have done better this season, but the majority of this squad have had us in the Relegation zone at the midway point in the season more than once in the last five years.

Last thing we need right now is to rip it up and start again, giving the next manager more time to assess the squad before realising the job at hand.

‘If they look at FFP with the problem they had with the top 6 for the super league, it would be funny, very funny’

Regardless of who he means by ‘they’ it doesn’t sound like something that Ancelotti believes is going to hold us back this summer.

So name me the starting 11 that Alladyce played on average most weeks and compare it to our squad this season and still tell me our first 11 is near enough the same in quality.

I like you mate but the amount of spin you put on things to make out our squad is championship quality whilst Carlo has been turning water into wine is hilarious to read.

If you was less bias like me and clearly admitted neither players/manager have been at their best this season I would be more inclined to take on board what you are saying but the fanboying of Carlo and throwing everyone else under the bus is comical.
It's pretty difficult to argue against this to be fair

Probably because we don’t allow enough time for anything to change.
Carlo has been here 18mths, but the rebuild only started last summer.

We definitely could have done better this season, but the majority of this squad have had us in the Relegation zone at the midway point in the season more than once in the last five years.

Last thing we need right now is to rip it up and start again, giving the next manager more time to assess the squad before realising the job at hand.

Yes I agree, the last thing we need is a new manager which means a new broom, I think we already have about 5 previous managers players still in our squad, some we are still desperately trying to get rid of. We need a bit of stability and one thing we can rely on is Ancelotti will be able to attract a better class of player here, than the previous managers we've had, but it needs time and patience. As long as we can attract young, dynamic pact players as well as experienced proven players, I think we will be okay.

I had a quick google and i can't seen Marca reporting this anywhere. They're usually Real's mouthpiece in the media so if there was any truth in this they'd be on it.
My gut instinct is this is lazy journalism.... i hope that's the case anyway.
Mate it's on their front page...marca that is...but marca is as reliable as the s**....tells you everything you need to know...what's more worrying is that it was reported by Josep Pedrerol on his show I believe on spain and he is apparently well connected with real madrid stuff.

Mate it's on their front page...marca that is...but marca is as reliable as the s**....tells you everything you need to know...what's more worrying is that it was reported by Josep Pedrerol on his show I believe on spain and he is apparently well connected with real madrid stuff.

End of the day though, no matter who says what, Real Madrid will surely have to pay Everton the three remaining years of his contract, that's a cool £33m, 11m per year if reports are correct about his contract details. A lot of money even for a supposedly massively in debt Real Madrid, for what would be a short time deal, Carlo is 61.

If we go from Carlo Ancelotti to Eddie Howe, it will be the most Everton thing ever in the history of the game.

Couldn't blame him for getting off with all the cryarsing some Evertonians do.

I'd be gutted if he left - we need some stability and to back him fully in the market - sod ffp now, after the snakes tried to kill the game.

Would Madrid be able to match his boss Everton salary though, considering they are supposed to be more skint than Jim Davidson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back