Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
People turning on The boss, we don't deserve nice things. He's had one window, he still has a lot of the old tat hanging around, it will take time but he will deliver us a side, he will make us competitive, have faith. I knew this would happen after getting so carried away at the start.
Unfortunately, that's what happens in football. Until players get sacked for being crap, it'll always happen.

No sane person wants Carlo gone.

I for one won't be turning on Carlo, he gets all the time he needs and these wasters need to step up to the plate, we have to many from the last few years who simply can't seem to motivate themselves to care about winning enough to put top effort in. Carlo gets until he has built his own side, until then, I have seen it all before from these players and they take the lions share of blame

One of the problems I have was the decision to bring Pickford back in, it really was such a strange decision.

After the brain fart where he nearly gave away a penalty and flapped like we’ve seen previously in the Maguire incident, I will be totally gobsmacked if he picks him again v Fulham.

People turning on The boss, we don't deserve nice things. He's had one window, he still has a lot of the old tat hanging around, it will take time but he will deliver us a side, he will make us competitive, have faith. I knew this would happen after getting so carried away at the start.

Nobody is turning on the boss ffs. However, there are questions being asked about performances/team selections & tactics which are more than justified given we've had 1/12 points. I don't think for one minute anyone is suggesting we get rid of him - at the same time he shouldn't be immune to criticism because of his successful history.

I do not think anyone who criticizes Ancelotti wants Everton to fire him. Most have said he needs more time. But he is not above criticism. Some people miss a clear playing pattern, what are we really trying to do? Others think we play with low intensity, and are run over by the opponents. Ancelotti has been criticized for this in previous clubs. Others still think Acelotti's disposition and tactical choice of the squad is strange. Why do we not play 4-2-3-1, so that we get a better balance in midfield, and protect our right side more.

I think it is natural in a football forum that these questions are asked. Some are too skeptical, while others are overpositive. But most have good arguments. And then we get good discussions.

I don't think anyone should be questioning Ancelotti's credentials or ability. The bloke is a brilliant manager.

We've just seen in the last few games that our squad has been badly exposed.

My disappointment is that Ancelotti hasn't found a way around that. It is on the players not being good enough, but he's made some poor decisions too.

Throw in Brands leaving us short and it's a big melting pot of crap.

We have got three 'winnable' games coming up @coollino , but every game in this league is winnable this season and we lost the last three so I don't really think that should mean much.

Leeds have been poor recently but have the players to hurt us especially if, as expected, they have Phillips and Rodrigo back by then, for example.

We're so reliant on Richarlison to make us tick as an attacking unit and that's a worry. Appreciate it's difficult to replace someone of his playing style, but we shouldn't be that one-dimensional.

The issue the last two weeks has mainly been woeful defending. We've conceded 4 atrocious goals in the last 2 weeks that were down to basic individual errors. Players have to take responsibility to defend our box and to show determination to get out to the ball. That's not tactics, that's a lack of responsibility from players and perhaps even a lack of hunger.

You don't have to be free flowing to pick up points. You need to defend properly and we've failed miserably.

The issue the last two weeks has mainly been woeful defending. We've conceded 4 atrocious goals in the last 2 weeks that were down to basic individual errors. Players have to take responsibility to defend our box and to show determination to get out to the ball. That's not tactics, that's a lack of responsibility from players and perhaps even a lack of hunger.

You don't have to be free flowing to pick up points. You need to defend properly and we've failed miserably.

I agree, but at the same time we have produced very few goal chances in the last four games.

One of the problems I have was the decision to bring Pickford back in, it really was such a strange decision.

After the brain fart where he nearly gave away a penalty and flapped like we’ve seen previously in the Maguire incident, I will be totally gobsmacked if he picks him again v Fulham.

Prepare to have your gob well and truly smacked then.

I’ve seen loads of comments on here saying Ancelotti’s only had one window. That’s not true, he’s had two. His first was January 2020.

By the way, I’m in the ‘Ancelotti stays‘ camp. A bit worried about some of his decisions in the last 3 games, but we need to be patient and see if he can move us forward.

While I'm certainly not in the season's over camp, perhaps I did have some delusions of grandeur thinking we'd push top 4 this season.

As long as we're back in the hunt for Europe, and more importantly, win the FA / League Cup, that's all that truly matters for this season. Anything more is a wild bonus until we get more Ancelotti signings in.

I’m not too concerned long term, most of the goals have been individual errors, particularly midfielders not tracking runners.
The short term concern is continually picking Pickford and Sigurdsson who are making these kind of errors and Sigurdsson offering nothing going forward to justify it.
I strongly believe Carlo will continue to be backed and a few more of these wasters will be gone for next season and replaced by more quality but until that happens we need to stop picking them.
I’d like to see James if fully fit in front of Doucoure and Allan, telling them not to get forward as much but knowing James will get way more stuck in than Sigurdsson, get Richarlison on the right wing and put either Bernard or Gordon on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back